Chapter 30

Percy POV

Morning came and we were getting ready to go through the giant junkyard since it was the only way we were going to be able to finish the quest. After a bit of think and inspecting the junk that was there, from a distance, I figured it was ancient Greek. Ancient Greek junk is the equivalent modern, magical, marvels. That meant that this was a god's property. My guess Hephaestus. I voiced my concerns and warned everyone to stay away.

We were about to cross the two-lane road when a car and motorcycle pulled up. The motorcycle was a Harley-Davidson, all black. It was kept in pristine condition with a shine and gleam so great that it looked like it reflected white light. The rider was wearing a biker's leather jacket, some blue jeans, and black boots. His hair was red and unruly. Thor, that crazy thunder god. Is he crazy for coming to a Greek sanctioned quest as a Norse god, an Aesir god no less!

He had a second rider on the bike. Oh, gods no. She was beautiful, a contender for the most beautiful goddess after Aphrodite. I'm not biased towards my girlfriend, even other goddesses of beauty don't compete with her. She wore a white blouse with a blue skirt. It helped make her hair and eyes stand out. Like she needed to do that. Her hair was golden, no really, each follicle was made of gold, and her eyes a light amber. Sif, goddess fertility and growth. While she was not the Norse goddess of beauty, I wouldn't fault you for thinking she was.

The car doors opened and out came two more people. One of them is one of my favorite gods to love and hate, Loki. His hair changing from black to dirty blonde and his eyes changing from amber to electric blue just like Thor's. He wore his black suit with a green tie and this time he had a golden scepter with a blue gem near the top. The gem was larger than my fist and it stood between two blades on either side of it making the golden scepter more like a spear. One blade was larger and longer than the other and the thing looked like the perfect cross of elegant and deadly.

I knew the last person coming out better than anyone else. I knew her before I met any of the Norse gods. It was Sigyn, Loki's wife. In the lives where I didn't remember Aphrodite and I was scared, thinking I was not good enough to date a literal goddess she was the one to say otherwise. Apollo has always been a good friend, the closest of all the Greek gods to me. Thor, Loki, and Baldur, close as well. But it was Sigyn I considered more like family than any other. I made sure to get Loki out of his punishment for her, then tried my best to help the two work things out. She looked just like I remembered her all those years ago. Hair so light blonde it looked creamy. Her eyes were a light blue, almost gray.

"Percy!" Sigyn screamed. "It's been too long." she was about to give me a hug when Thor tackled me down in his giant bear hug, considering he was almost the size of a bear it wasn't an understatement.

"Percy, old friend! Let us drink! Let us celebrate our reunion!" Thor screamed to the heavens.

"You Aesir gods are insane," I returned to the party of four. Thor helped me up and Loki held back a laugh. Everyone in the quest group looked to me like I was the one that was crazy. They heard me call gods insane, too their face. In the Greek world, I would have been dead before I said the first word. "What genius thought it was a good idea to come to a Greek quest as Norse gods?"

"It was Loki's idea," Thor told me.

"Yes, I meant it as a joke. It was Thor here that made us come," Loki returned. "It's good to see you again, Perseus."

Sigyn came in and gave me a hug. "I'll worry about you two later," I pointed at Loki and Thor. "It's been a long time, Sigyn. I still think you're too good for Loki but what do I know. Sometimes guys get lucky with women out of their league."