Chapter 5

Percy POV

Once I woke from my dream, I questioned everything. I didn't know if anything truly happened or if it was also some sick joke Alyssa came up with for a new hit reality TV show she was hosting or something. I saw Grover and he was still half donkey-goat; he was half goat. I messed that up once, I do not want to get a goat stomp any time in my life.

Vasilias woke up near me and he was running towards me in his regular size. He began giving me a bunch of slobbery kisses. I got up from the bed and saw that I was still a bit bandaged up. Grover gave me a mirror and I looked at my scar on my shoulder that continued to my face and went to touch it. I could still feel the burning sensation of the cut and once I touched my injury it stung. I looked at my right arm and saw my other scar.

"Does it still hurt?" Grover asked me.

"It stings but I'll live," I told him. "At least I look cool."

"That's better than what most in your position would say. I am sorry, Percy. Your mother, sh-she...I'm so sorry."

"I know," I said. I could not even look Grover in the eyes. I watched my mom die; the Minotaur killed her

"Let us get you out of here. Mr. D and Chiron would want to speak with you."

I still had the Minotaur's horn and put it in my pocket. Due to me being out for over a week my body was mostly healed but now everything just needed to wake up from being numb. The moment I got out of the infirmary. I looked to Vasilias and he grew back into the giant wolf he was during the fight. I stared at him and looked in shock, finally allowing his size to process in my mind.

"How did he do that?" I asked.

"Chiron said something about him being an ancient ancestor of the hellhounds. Hellhounds living in the underworld made them change in looks. I do not know. I've never seen something like him before," Grover admitted.

Vasilias came close to me and began to walk next to me. I knew what he wanted me to do, I rest my arm on him so that he could help me walk for now. I stumbled every few feet but Vasilias would always help me before I fell.

We must have been on the north shore of Long Island because on this side of the house the valley went all the way up to the glittering water. There was what looked like ancient Greek architecture scattered around everywhere but they were brand new, made of white marble. Suddenly everything I had in my dreams did not seem so crazy. I saw a dozen teenagers playing with satyrs, I saw horses with wings flying in the sky, and a guy with a dozen eyes all over his body playing volleyball with a green lady.

We finally got to the porch and saw two men playing cards and next to them was a blonde girl with gray eyes. I knew those eyes anywhere, I looked at them every day of my life. It is not like the normal gray that people could have; they were different. These were the eyes my mother and siblings had. She was probably somehow related to my mom; those eyes were not normal or common. Not to mention the blonde hair made her look more like my siblings than I did. She is practically more Jackson than I am. Well, technically I was not related to my dad, so it made sense.

One of the guys was Mr. Burner while the other was some middle-aged guy with hair so black it practically looked purple. I thought about recommending the color of hair to Alyssa to dye, this guy didn't pull it off, but Alyssa would find a way. The energy around him was familiar, it was strong and powerful, kind of like Aphrodite, so it was not a dream after all. I can't make up a feeling I never felt before in my brain and then suddenly feel it again in front of me later. Grover then told me his name was Mr. D and that Mr. Burner's real name was Chiron. Grover then pointed to the girl on the railing and said her name was Annabeth Chase.