Chapter 34

Percy POV

I died. At least that's what I thought happened, but I definitely still felt some pain. Pain means I feel things; feeling things means I was alive. So, I'm not dead. I'm alive. Somehow.

The pain I was feeling slowly faded to a deep throbbing that pulsed every so often. With my one eye, I could see that everyone was on the ground and were disoriented. Somehow everyone was done for the count. I don't know what happened when I threw the Olethros ax, but whatever did happen had to be insane.

I felt the fresh sea breeze hit me in the face. Wait, sea breeze? We should be in a cave, not on a beach. It was then I noticed it. The entire cave we were in was blown up. The ceiling was gone making the mountain cave a canyon. The sea was in clear view everywhere we were since there were no walls or cave ceilings above us. I could see that most of the mountain remained, but a little less than half was now rubble going into the sea. A freaking mountain range was nearly wiped off the face of the earth.

But what was happening to the sky was more shocking. The sky was breaking. Cracks were starting from a single point. The cracks looked like when someone broke a glass window or mirror. It stretched across for several miles in the sky. Coming from the cracks were lights of ever-changing colors. It was like the Northern lights were bleeding through the injured sky. The glorious blues, greens, purples, and amazing cool colors filled the skies coming through the cracks.

I noticed several monsters looking at it, and they immediately turned to dust. The light wasn't light at all. It was a portion of Ouranos. While it wasn't his true form by a long shot, it was his aura. I said before that looking at a god's form could kill you, being next to a titans' true form could kill you, and that a gods or titans being next to a primordial's true form could kill them. But I never told you a primoidal's true aura could kill others; not even their body would survive. The only reason I wasn't dying by looking at the aura itself was that I am a child of Ouranos and have some resistance to his aura.

My body was still too weak to move. The constant throb of pain began to dull more. Aperio and Aioniotita came to me and slowly helped me up. The Nemean Lion fur must have dulled most of the impact. I slowly rose, forcing myself up with the help of my lions. When I got up, I noticed that Silena was covered in rubble.

"Silena!" I screamed, forcing myself towards my daughter. I ran to her and noticed her breathing had stopped. "No!" It was then the words echoed in my head. But a father will cause his child last stand. "No!"

I began to do CPR and chest compressions. I continued and tried my best. I wasn't going to let her die. Not today, not ever. I can't...not my baby girl. Take me, please. Not her.

"That's my girl!" I screamed into the emptiness above. Screaming at my father, Ouranos, screaming at myself. "That's my daughter!" I screamed in defiance. "Please. Not again," I pleaded to Thanatos.

Tears came up from my eyes. I screamed in agony. I would rather hold the sky for eternity than let her die. I continued and continued until...nothing. I did everything I could. I even went beyond what was recommended, but nothing. I began to cry. Aperio and Aioniotita began nuzzling into my daughter's corpse. Annabeth slowly stirred and saw what was happening and ran forward.

"First, Luke. No, not you!" Annabeth ran over to her and continued on where I left off in vain.

Slowly my pain turned into rage. I turned to face Pallas, Perses, and Menoetius. My lions fed of my anger and let out a might roar that dared the gods of Olympus and the monster in tartarus to challenge my vengeance.

"Now, Perseus, see reason. This wasn't our..." Pallas tried to defend as he stood up. But it was too late. My lions jumped on him and began to attack their prey.