Chapter 6

Percy POV

Annabeth and I spoke for a bit and slowly things made more sense. Aphrodite told me the basics and just filled in anything that happened that was important since the Olympians took charge all those years ago. But Annabeth told me anything that happened since they switched civilizations to the United States. I think I brain farted when I heard Mt Olympus was now above the Empire State building.

Annabeth told me when dinner was and gave me a few tips on who to avoid and who to try not to punch in the face every few seconds. Surprisingly the second list was a lot longer than you would think, a lot longer. Annabeth then told me that to go to dinner just wait and follow my cabin. I was dreading walking with the demigod stampede.

When I got to the cabin I noticed that some of the campers looked similar. I guessed they were the ones who were supposed to be in this cabin since their dad was actually the god that the cabin was named after. The children of Hermes had upturned eyebrows, sharp noses, and mischievous smiles. Basically, people that you would pin a crime on and everyone would believe it without a second guess.

I got to hang out with Luke for a bit and he even stole me some toiletries and other things. We spoke and I asked him about why Annabeth thought I was "the one" and he said that it was his fault. He said he had a failed mission and it stopped all quests coming in and out and that Annabeth has to wait for the next person with a quest. Then it was time for dinner and Luke got the cabin together.

We got to the dining pavilion and people began to eat. My plate was filled with food and I had a cup that turned into anything I wanted. I obviously wanted to drink a blue diet-coke. We then went to give burnt offerings to the gods. I thought of three gods. Athena since she is my grandmother. Then I thought of whoever my father was and even asked for a sign. Finally, I thought of Aphrodite and once I thought of her I could smell her perfume, it was by far the most amazing smell to have ever been.

They announced that I had come and everyone cheered. That night at the campfire everyone sang songs and told jokes. Vasilias was howling in tone and I surprised everyone when I played a guitar that a daughter of Apollo got me to play. Some of the Aphrodite girls pointed out that I was a part of the Jackson family and that it made sense that I was musical since my brother was.

"Wait, so you're rich!" one of the Hermes kids asked.

"Yes. And?" I asked as Vasilias began to growl. I knew that some of the Hermes kids were thinking about the ultimate bank heist. I twirled my Olethros coin, the ting sound rang out.

"No reason," he replied quickly.

"Wait, isn't your mom Aurora Jackson?" one of the Ares kids asked. He looked like he had seen a bunch of fights and his arms were bandaged. He had bruises and cuts that were fresh from most likely fighting his siblings.

"My mom wa- is fleet Admiral Aurora Jackson," I told him. The whole Ares cabin looked at me and their eyes widened. I guess they finally found something they liked about me.

"Name's Jeremy. My mom is Captain Stephanie," he told me.

"As in Captain Stephanie Harklcok?" I asked, he nodded in response. "Our moms were roommates and sailed with each other for a couple years." He walked up to me and gave me his hand, I shook it with a smile. "Ever heard about the whole pufferfish fiasco?"

"They had to scrub toilets for a month!" he laughed. Some of the Ares kids wanted to know the story but Jeremy and I looked to each other and knew that was never going to happen. Some of them were talking about the pretty boy being better than they thought. "I heard what happened." He stood tall and gave me a salute. "She was a great woman and a great Admiral."