Part 15

Next Morning; CONT

Xander held Jamal in his arms tightly. He was ignoring the other men around them. It's been a while since he's seen Jamal, and he was not ashamed to say he missed him. He pulled back and kissed Jamal on his forehead. It was a norm for them; Jamal welcomed the kiss. Hector stood by the beds with his face in a scowl. He wanted to knock Xander out. He tried to pull Jamal back into his arms. Better yet, back into bed and back under him.

No matter how hard Hector tried to stay still, he couldn't control himself as he took three long strides to where the two friends stood and pulled Jamal away from the more prominent man's embrace. "Hector, what the fuck" Jamal yelled, annoyed that the light-skinned man ruined the moment. Xander just looked at the scene and licked his lips.

Hector looked at Jamal, slightly irritated and hurt, but he let it go. he looked at Xander one more time and walked out of the cell. He figured that he needed to let them get whatever they wanted to speak about out of the way. Hector walked towards the gym; he needed to relieve some stress.

Hector walked into the gym room to see Josh and the rest of his boys. Unphased by them, he sent ahead nod towards their way and made his way towards the weights. "no vas a hablar con Nosotros? te ves enojado (you're not going to speak to us? you look angry.)." Josh asked. The rest of the boys looked away, afraid to set Hector off because when Hector was angry, he tended to blackout. Josh, on the other hand, was never one to care. He and Hector were the same, so he spoke up when he needed to.

"Shut the fuck up. If I wanted to speak, I would have said something when I walked in," Hector grunted, laying down on the weight bench. Joshua sucked his teeth, and the other boys looked away.

"You need me to call in Alejandro?" Josh laughed. Hector rolled his eyes and placed his hands over his face. He shouldn't be stressed because, as Jamal said, Xander helped him out when everybody abandoned him. But He cant get rid of the image that now burned in his mind of Xander kissing Jamal's forehead or the way they hugged. It's hard for him to stop thinking about it, especially after the morning they had, after the head he got; Hector can't blame him for wanting to keep Jamal away from any other man.

Josh sat and inspected Hector. He looked at the other boys signaling for them to leave. They did as told and left. "hermano lo que está mal. (Brother, what's wrong)." Josh asked, getting closer to Hector. The light skin man sighed again, rubbing his face aggressively.

"I'm in love," He said. The two looked at each other for a second, both with shocked expressions, before Josh began laughing hysterically. Hector rolled his eyes again and sat upon the bench. "I'm dead ass. I'm ready to kill; you'll be first," Hector continued, his brows furred, his neck veiny. It was easy to tell that Hector was beyond angry.

"In love with who? Alejandro?" Josh laughed, his smirk never leaving his face.

"Jamal," Hector curtly replied. Josh stopped laughing; shock consumed him. He couldn't be hearing Hector correctly.

"Who?" Josh questioned again.

"Jamal idiota. My celly." Hector elaborated.

"Clark? Black Spades?" Josh continued egging.

"Ask me another question again; I'm bashing your head in, "Hector growled, standing up. Josh cleared his throat.

"He knows this?" Josh asked.

"I don't know; it doesn't feel like it." Then, finally, Hector caught himself, Josh isn't somebody to share secrets, but Hector was hesitant to share the details of his and Jamal's relationship with him because he wants to protect Jamal at all costs.

"wha-" Josh couldn't finish; Xander and Jamal walked into the gym. Hector's face fell into a scowl. Jamal saw Hector and his smile faltered. Jamal understood that he might have hurt Hector. The lovers grilled each other, Hector refusing to look away, Jamal too afraid to look away. Xander noticed the tension and smirked. He walked up to Hector with his hand out.

"Hector, right?" He asked. Hector grunted and dapped him up. "Jamal's celly? I'm trying to get him to be my celly, but he told me to ask you if you're cool with switching." Xander instigated. Jamal didn't say anything about them switching, but he did tell him about their relationship. Hector, not catching on to Xanders lies, turned to look at Jamal. His face contorted in a deep frown.

"oh, word?" He asked, still looking at Jamal. "That's cool with me." He growled. Hector looked at Josh, signaling that he was about to leave. Xander nodded, "we'll catch yall," Hector said. Josh headed towards the door, Xander followed along. Hector grilled Jamal one last time before he left. If Jamal wanted to replace him with Xander, he wouldn't fight it. Hector felt as if he was just a placeholder for Xander. He wasn't sure if he should be hurt. It was almost as if Jamal could never be his from the beginning.

Jamal stood there dumbfounded. He saw the emotions on his lover's face "Hector," Jamal voiced. "I hope you know Xander is joking. I would never say that" Jamal confessed, getting closer to Hector. he wasn't sure if Josh and Xander were still in there, but he wanted to clear it up.

"I don't give a fuck. you ain't clear it up when he was still in here," Hector scoffed. "You scared of him?" The taller man laughed mockingly.

"you know that's not the case. So stop" Jamal rolled his eyes, walking closer to Hector. "are you mad about this for real? Baby," Jamal teased, looking up at Hector.

"Don't touch me. We out remember. You don't like that remember" Hector shot back. He was sidestepping Jamal and walking out of the gym. Every day it was something new with them two, and he was tired. Now that Xander is back, he knows it'll be more challenging. He realized that he loved Jamal, but he wasn't willing to have a one-sided relationship again. Not after his baby moms. Hector had a lot on his chest, and he would get it out one way or another.

Jamal stood in the gym, irritated. He overheard Hector's conversation with Josh, so did Xander. He told Xander about their relationship after Xander questioned him. Of course, Xander already has his eyes on Adonis, but getting that through to Hector was another story. Though they weren't on the best terms right now, Jamal's heart fluttered when he remembered that Hector said he loved him. But, of course, he loved Hector as well.

After telling Xander about their relationship, he felt a burden lifted off his shoulder. Maybe he telling people about their relationship wouldn't be too bad? Jamal groaned, shaking his head and running after him. He saw Hector walking back to their cell and jogged faster after him. Hector Got in, and he ran faster to get in as well.

"Baby," Jamal huffed. "Stop overreacting."

"Now this shit is stupid. You're my boyfriend, but you let another man kiss you in front of me? Wheres the respect in that?" Hector laughed. His eyes are red and bulging.

"Okay, I understand I was wrong for that, and I'm sorry. it won't happen again."

"It shouldn't have happened to begin with. Fuck out my face." Hector scoffed, walking to get his bucket to shower.

"Hector," Jamal groaned.

"Jamal moves out my way for I say something ima a regret," Hector grilled.

"Say it, fuck. I'm tired of your nasty-ass attitude. I apologized. It won't happen again. what else do you want from me." Jamal yelled. His eyes are stinging with unshed tears. The couple forgot that the cell door was still open, and anybody in the hall could hear them.

———————————————————————-
A/N: Use this space to leave your thoughts!