Part 25

A/N: y'all are so funny in the comments when Barbra comes out. It cracks me up. I know you might be tempted not to read it because of Barbra, but please do! I have two surprises in there for you.

Please comment and leave your thought!

(Semi edited. Will finish editing another day)

April 18th, 2019

Mrs. Davison and Barbra sat outside judge Owens's office. The two women were anxious to find out what the judge will decide on. Mrs. Davison filed the case a few weeks ago
And they were assigned Judge Owens as the overseer. In place of a trial, judge Owens asked to meet with Barbra and her lawyer and the chosen representative for the state to decide whether a trial is needed.

Barbra sat nervously, her feet constantly tapping on the marbled floor of the judge's waiting room. Today could either be the day the judge rules on Jamal's side or determine if they go to trial. Either way, today would be the day she will be held in contempt and eventually will lead to her being jailed. Too far in thought, Barbra didn't notice the state representatives roll into the judge's waiting area. They were soon called into the judge's office by his assistant.

"Good afternoon, judge; thank you for meeting with us today," Mrs. Davinson smiled.

"Good day, please have a seat," the judge instructed, looking up at the four in front of him. "I have reviewed all the documents submitted for both sides. Mrs. Davinson, why isn't Clark with you today?" the judge asked. Barbra took a deep breath, afraid this might be it for her if the judge

"Your Honor, This case between defendant Clark will affect Mr.Clark; however, according to article 5 finch vs. The state of New York, Clark has the decision to be present or not present during this hearing." Mrs. Davison shared as she opened her files.

The judge nodded his head, "very well. we can begin"

"Good morning, your honor; while we continue this hearing, I would like to read off a snippet of the trial five years ago." The lawyer for the state spoke. "'I looked at the man before me; it was no longer my son. I watched him beat my husband. I was too afraid to say a thing; I was scared to get up and stop him, afraid he would hit me as well,' Miss Clark testified. timestamp 5:30 Est, September 19th 2014."

"Your honor, I read this to you to share how frightened Mrs. Clark was of her son. She now claims her son acted in self-defense against her deceased husband. We have yet to see the recording her, or her lawyers claim to have to exonerate Jamal Clark." The state lawyer stated before taking a seat.

Barbra bit her lip, on the verge of breaking down. Hearing how her own words were used against her son brought her pain. She was afraid and disgusted by herself and her actions. To this day, if you ask her why she testified against her son, she wouldn't be able to give you a plausible reason. She shook her head and looked down at the carpeted floor. She cant break down now. She has to be strong.

The judge looked over at Mrs. Davison and Barbra. Mrs. Davison stood up to present her case.

"Your honor, what was just read to you in no way shows that Jamal Clark was not defending himself. we have the recording with us today to share,"

Mrs. Davinson opened her laptop and turned the screen to the judge and the lawyers representing the state, "This video was not found until a few months ago, according to the plaintiff," Mrs. Davison spoke as she pressed play.

Barbra looked up as she watched the video.

The video started with Barbra being struck by her ex-husband; Barbra screamed, telling her husband to get off him. The doorbell rang, and nobody answered, but Barbra's screams increased. "You dumb bitch, you don't listen. Who the fuck told you to go to that graduation? did I tell you you could leave this fucking house?" Her ex-husband Jamie spat as he sent blows to her stomach. Barbara closed her eyes, looking away.