Part 23

April 1st 2019

Jamal and Hector's getaway in the conjugal room came to a swift end after Jamal's mother's reappearance and his breakdown. Jamal had been irritable lately. Jamal doesn't speak to anybody but Hector and the guards if needed; even his conversations with Hector are short. Jamal has been trying to keep his relationship with Hector strong, he knows he needs Hector, but he can't bring himself out of the state he's in after his mother came to visit. Jamal constantly feels anxious that the woman will show up again; he's always scared and experiences moments of extreme sadness and extreme highs; there are also moments where he doesn't feel anything at all.

The couple was currently back in their cell. Jamal laid out on his bunk, his stress ball secure on his chest, his eyes closed. Hector sat next to the bunker, holding on to his lover's hand, occasionally massaging it with his thumb.

"You're foreal not moving over? you don't want to lay with me?" Hector asked. Jamal smiled, turning to look at his boyfriend.

"I do, but I just want some space right now, baby."

"you can have your space while I lay next to you" Hector smiled. His smile was so contagious that it made Jamal smile too. Jamal loved Hector's smile. He loved everything about the older man and the truth, his love for his boyfriend keeps him going.

"you're so annoying," Jamal smiled, moving over for his boyfriend. Hector got off his knees and smoothly slid next to Jamal, pulling the shorter man on top of him.

"I'll be that," Hector retorted, pecking Jamal on his forehead. The dark skin man closed his eyes, basking in the love his boyfriend was showing him.

"I love you," Jamal whispered, running his fingers through Hector's beard.

"I love you too, so fucking much."

Jamal didn't say anything back; he just nodded, continuing to play in Hector's beard; he loved doing that.

Jamal couldn't imagine leaving Hector in iron point; in the few months that they've been together, Jamal has become dependent on Hector. His little show of affections, preparing his shower bucket for him, making sure he eats, checking on him even when he sees the slightest frown, his nightly massages, his forehead kisses ], their cuddling. Especially their cuddling. Jamal cursed at his mother for coming back and fucking up his mindset, for potentially fucking up his relationship.

If it were up to him, he would be in prison with Hector until they're both set free; he wouldn't even mind breaking out with Hector if it means they'll be together.

When he starts thinking like that, he realizes that Hector has a life outside those prison doors; he has a daughter, a baby mother, riches, and a position in his gang still. He realizes that they could be the happy family they want inside the gates of iron point, but he doesn't know if they could make it outside. Jamal doesn't know if Hector's baby mama would snap her fingers and get them back together; he doesn't know how hectors daughter would take to his and her father's relationship. all these thoughts cloud his mind often.

He's afraid. Afraid that he'll lose Hector when they get on the outside, and he's also scared to leave without hector. There's nothing he can do but wallow in his self-pity.

Jamal cuddled closer into Hector's chest. "What's on your mind, baby" Hector questioned, staring down at his lover. Jamal looked up into Hector's eyes.

"Do you think if we get outside, our relationship will work?" Jamal asked. He noticed Hector's glance falter.

"Why would we not work out? you're stuck with me for life no matter our location," Hector reassured. " I would get us a house; we can live there, you, me, my daughter, our kids if we have any. I would make sure we're set," Hector continued.

"You say that now until we get out there, it won't be us 24/7; it'll be so hard." Jamal sighed.

"It'll be as hard as you make it, baby boy," Hector stated in a finalizing tone. Jamal looked away, thinking about what his lover said; it is as hard as he makes it.

"I take it you've been thinking about your mother's proposition?"

"Kind of. I know I can't leave without you; I just can't, so I'm hoping that she never shows her face again. I hope she stops whatever she's doing." Jamal confessed.

Hector hummed in understanding; He couldn't see himself without Jamal either. The last three months with them together have been magical, no exaggerating.

"You're so obsessed with me," Hector joked.

"boy, shut up, you can't ever have a serious conversation," Jamal smiled, leaning up to peck hector on the lips. "and what if I am obsessed with you? what are you going to do."

"Nothing because I'm more obsessed with you than I would like to admit," Hector smiled, pulling Jamal closer to him

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the couple laid up in their cell, Jamal's mother walked into the warden's office with a lawyer.

"Good morning, we are sorry for being late. We had some trouble getting in," Barbra apologized, taking a seat in front of the warden's desk. The lawyer is sitting next to her.

"No problem at all, Barbra, Hello ma'am," the warden greeted.

"Thank you for meeting with me again; I know I've been a little annoying," Barbra spoke. "I've been speaking to multiple people about my situation; I've gotten so much legal advice. As my friend, I wouldn't mind sharing it with you; it left me confused."

The warden placed his pen down to give Barbra his full attention. Barbra looked at the lawyer to signal that she could speak.

"Hello, I'm Mrs. Davison; I've been working with miss Barbra for a while now; I've shared with her what she could face if she goes through with trying to get her son out. Because she lied under oath, she would also be prosecuted. We were expecting about. 2-3 years, she shared that she wanted to let you know to help her before we move on," Mrs. Davison shared.

The warden hummed. "I see, Barbra. This is a tough decision. The only advice I could give is to do as you see fits; you came to be wanting better for your son. Begging in tears, it seemed important to you. If it is important, you will figure out the answer on what you need to do without my help," The warden said, looking between the two women in front of him.

"Jamal didn't want anything to do with my plans of getting him out; I can't even do anything about it," the older woman cried.

"Well, he doesn't have to know; he doesn't need to be present for anything until trial if there even is a trial," Mrs. Davison shared. The warden nodded.

"Agreed. This will be between the state and him, but the communicati9on would be between the lawyers and potentially you since you have the video proof. If the judge or clerk sees fit that he could be released, there wouldn't be a trial at all; he would just know when he gets released," the warded corroborated with Mrs. Davinson claims.

Jamal's mother nodded, "So I'm going to jail, aren't i" Barbra sighed.

"once again, it's up to you," The warden said.

Barbra sighed; she's determined to get her son out; for once, she's going to put him first before anybody.

————————————————————————
A/N: Use this space to leave your thoughts as always!