Part 16

CONT;

"Bring your voice down when you speak to me," Hector mumbled. His eyes were darting up to see if Jamal's outburst brought on bystanders, and to his dismay, it did. A few inmates stood by their door, some daring to look inside the cell. He looked back at Jamal and saw the state he was in; he already had tears down his face. Hector knew that they were both in the heat of the moment, yet he still didn't want the people outside to see Jamal in the state he was in.

"We'll finish this later. Wipe your face." Hector said. The anger in his tone was no longer prominent.

"No, Hector. This is stupid. Can we talk about it?" Jamal Whispered. "These past couple of days have been terrible, and I think we're taking the anger out on each other. I'm sorry I let him kiss on me; whether it was in front of you or not, I shouldn't have let it happen. I don't particularly appreciate that every day we're bickering over something stupid. That's how we started, but that's not the case anymore. Can we please stop?" Jamal continued. One thing about him, confrontation wasn't for him; talking about his feelings wasn't for him. Hector getting that side of him proves even more how much he values the light-skinned man.

"I hear you; the door is open. There are people outside," Hector tried to warn him, stepping closer.

"I don't care. I want everything to get back to how we were trying to get to know each other. I want you to stop entertaining other people, and I promise I will too." Jamal confessed, wiping his tears.

"What? Was it some Payback? Over what? Alejandro? Jamal," Hector laughed.

"Not entirely; I also just really missed Xander; he's like family to me," Jamal confessed.

"Like family?" Hector asked, checking to see if people were still watching in. To his relief, Damien was out there directing people away from the door. He sighed in relief. However, his second of happiness was interrupted when he saw Xander next to Damien.

I can't get rid of this bitch Hector thought.

"Yes, like family. Nothing more, I lo- I like you. You know this." Jamal states. He was wiping the remainder of his tears off his face, cringing at the fact that he almost slipped up. He didn't want to say that now while they were arguing. He eventually will, but not while they're angry at each other.

Hector was silent for a while. His eyes examined their surroundings; Jamal knew what he was saying got through because his face was more relaxed. His neck was no longer veiny. His eyes are glinting with relief.

"Get your shower bucket and follow me," Hector said as he gripped his shower bucket and towel. Jamal did as told. He went to the sink and washed his face before grabbing the bucket. Jamal walked out a foot behind Hector. He sent an appreciative smile towards Damien, not realizing that Xander was so close to him.

Hector assumed the showers would be empty around this time because Jamal usually went to shower. They can have the alone time to talk things out. Jamal fixed his shoulders and walked with his head up high. You wouldn't think he was crying less than 2 minutes ago.

Jamal watched Hector's back, following him to the showers. His bucket in his hands. Hoping that after their talk, everything will be back to how it was in the morning before Xander came before they started fighting.

The couple got to the shower just in time. There was a guard there, but Damien was right behind them to relieve that Guard off duty.

Hector nodded to the guard and walked into the showers finding a random stall in the back. Jamal didn't acknowledge the guard and headed into Hector's stall. Hector placed his bucket down and opened his arms. Jamal quickly took the invite, dropped his bucket, and went into his lover's embrace.

"Jamal, this shit so dramatic for no reason" Hector's deep voice dripped with amusement. "I hear what you're saying. I'm sorry for overreacting. You're important to me. These past months I've been on cloud 9. I've been in here for years, and you've brought me the happiness I missed." Hector Confessed, gripping Jamal's chin, forcing him to keep eye contact.

Shit like that is what makes Jamal fall harder every time. "You didn't overreact, baby. I was wrong, very wrong. It won't happen again." Jamal added. Hector licked his lips and hummed.

"I appreciate that; I won't disrespect you on that level either.. well again," Hector laughed.

"I know. I overheard you and josh," Jamal confessed. Hector let go of Jamal's chin in embarrassment. The tall man looked bashful.

"What you heard?" Hector asked, pulling off his jumpsuit.

"That you l-o-v-e me," Jamal dragged out, staring at his lover. Hector rolled his eyes, pulling off his white tee. Jamal couldn't stop the smile from forming. "And I appreciate you for not going any further. Thank you"

"You should know I'll never purposely do something that will hurt you. I don't know what you did to me but you gotta hold on me," Hector Sang.

"Nigga you're so fucking corny." Jamal laughed, pulling off his clothes as well. "You think people heard us?" Jamal asked.

"They heard something. We gon handle that later. Right now, focus on us." Hector turned around to turn on the showers.

"Whatever you say," Jamal said. "You think Xan-" Jamal was cut off by Hector squishing his mouth.

"I said the focus on us, and you are bringing up this man again. Jamal.." Hector laughed.

"I was going to ask if you think he likes Damien. Oh my god," Jamal groaned.

"I don't care. Come here." Hector said, pulling Jamal under the showerhead.

"After we shower, we have to go to the nurse. Don't forget," Hector reminded.

"Ugh, that reminds me, her crazy ass," Jamal groaned.

"Gimme a kiss and get the buckets," Hector ordered.

"Nigga am I a slave? I don't like this" Jamal scrunched up his face.

"Jamal.." Hector warned.

"Hector.." Jamal mimics. No matter how annoying and hard-headed Jamal was, the smile couldn't leave Hector's face. "I have you whipped. Oh, that's scary," Jamal teased.

"You're a fucking menace. Do what I said." Jamal rolled his eyes before bending down to pick up the sponges and soap from their buckets. He threw Hector's at him; he caught it with ease.

"Fuck my kiss then?" Hector asked, looking down at his dark-skinned lover.

"Yup," Jamal answered, making sure to pop the P.

"Keep that same energy, Clark." Hector laughed, lathering his sponge with soap.

"I sure will; I always do," Jamal teased with a giant smile on his face.

"Shut the hell up because you'll be crying by the end of the hour."

"Oh, you're so foul," Jamal scoffed.

"It's true, cry baby ass," Hector teased. Jamal pouted, annoyed. Hector laughed, leaning down to peck his boyfriend's lips.

"All jokes aside. Thank you for talking it through. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings earlier with the whole Alejandro situation. Shit will never happen again. And I appreciate you for being the bigger person today."

"I'm always the bigger person; put more respect on my name," Jamal teased.

"Jamal, take the compliment and shut the fuck up," Hector said, shoving the lathered sponge in Jamal's face.

"You got soap in my fucking mouth. I swear when we finish showering, I'm making you pay."

"You won't do shit. If you would, you would have done it now" Hector rolled his eyes. Jamal got further under the showerhead to wash out his face and mouth.

"Whatever."

"I need y'all out the showers in 10," They heard Damian shout. The couple groaned and began showering. Jamal couldn't get the smile off his face. This new reality makes him so happy.

----------------------
A/N: please use this space to leave your thoughts. The following few chapters will be time skips like the beginning of the book. I hope you all enjoyed it!