Chapter 30: Don't play dumb

Avie's Pov

After I got thrown down, I wasn't able to move immediately, and when I looked around to check Loise, she wasn't there so I did my best to stand up and look for her.

But before that, I, of course kicked this man first.

Then I began to run and I even ran faster after I saw a car with its lights on moving towards Loise's direction.

"I won't let you die on my sight Loise!" I yelled and ran as fast as I could in order for me to save her.

I was able to save her and we're both currently on the ground.

The car stopped and the person driving it was about to step out on it when the guy I'd beaten up suddenly showed up, running and shouting "Someone's coming! Let's go!" And they both got inside the car and they drove away fast.

Loise and I sat down on the ground and we're both catching up our breaths.

"Are you okay Loise?" I asked her.

She looked at me first and then she spoke. "Don't ask me if you're the one who's hurt so much" pataray na sabi niya.

Then, may sasakyan na biglang dumating.

Pareho kami ni Loise napatingin doon at nang tumigil ito ay agad na bumaba ang isang lalaki.

"What the hell?! Are you guys alright?!" he worriedly asked at lumapit kay Loise para alalayan siyang tumayo.

Then I stood up at pinagpagan ko na rin sarili ko.

"You have a scratch on your arm" rinig kong sabi ni Chris kay Loise.

Tiningnan naman iyon ni Loise. "Sheesh. Kaya pala mahapdi" sabi niya pa.

I looked away at nauna na akong pumasok sa loob ng sasakyan. Naupo ako sa backseat at di na muna umimik.

Then my phone vibrated so I diverted my attention on my phone.

It was the king. He was asking if I'm alright. So I replied I am. Then he replied that we will meet later, together with all the officials.

Di rin nagtagal ay pumasok na silang dalawa sa loob ng sasakyan. Sa front seat na naupo si Loise. Then Chris looked from the rear view mirror to check on me. "Are you okay Avie?" he asked.

I smiled. "Yes I am" I shortly answered. Then he began to drive back to their mansion.

*****

"Omg Amy! Anong nangyari sayo?! You have a scratch on your arm! We need to treat it! Bilis! Someone, give me the first aid kit" napapraning na sabi ng isa sa tita ni Chris.

Umiling naman si Loise. "No need tita. Its just a scratch"

"No! We still need to treat it. Jusme anong nangyari sayo?! Did that girl did this to you?"

Tch. Yeah obviously ako ang tinutukoy ng tita niya.

Loise shook her head. "No tita"

Lumapit naman si Chris kay Loise at inalalayan pa rin ito, even though I know she doesn't need it.

Naupo sila sa sofa at nilagyan ni Chris ng ointment ang ilang maliliit na scratch sa kamay ni Loise.

I just rolled my eyes at lumapit sa magulang ni Chris para magpaalam na.

I need to see the officials.

"Tita, happy birthday po ulit. Uhm, Mauna na po ako. I have something urgent to do" I said, smiling.