Chapter 43: Nuisance

Avie's Pov

I'm at dos lunas, since there's a meeting going on, about the melas oneiros.

Honestly I'm still sleepy and my eyelids are closing but I have to stay awake!

"Hmm. Therefore we need to be more careful since now, they're doubling their guards" one of the rook said.

"We captured a lot of their members but that seems not enough. What else do we need to do?" One of the knights asked. "In addition to it, hindi na kakayanin ng deadly sins na patagalin ang sakit na ginagawa nila para lang ma-delay ang ginagawang proyekto"

I yawned first before I spoke. "Have you found the heiress? Wouldn't it be much easier if we found her first? If the heiress is so smart, she could be the brain of that organization" I told them.

"We have a suspect. We've been guarding her ever since" King said.

"Then, step by step or little by little let's pretend we're losing. Like we are acting like fools. And in the end, surprise them and show them that they've got played in our hands" I smirked as I said those.

"Wouldn't that require a lot of sacrifice?" A rook asked.

"If we are smart enough there wouldn't be much of sacrifice or deaths"

"How?" Asked the king.

I smirked. "A game of chess" natahimik naman ang buong silid kaya't nagpatuloy na lang ako sa aking sasabihin. "This situation is like a game of chess. Two players are playing. The kings are all in charge, they tell their pawns what to do. The officials shall protect the king and target the enemy. What if, with just simple and little moves, we corner the queen. The queen is much powerful than the king"

"So you mean, us, officials shall target the queen and then the king?" Asked by a Knight.

I smirked. "A pawn can also target the king"

The king then snapped his fingers and clicked his tongue. "No officials should die along the process. But if there would be a time we'll lose an official, a pawn should be ready to ambush the enemy as they kill our official"

*Yawn* I can't stop myself from yawning. Oh how I wish I'm sober!

"Okay, that ends our meeting, goodbye" pagkasabing pagkasabi non ni King ay nagsialisan na ang mga tao dito.

Ako naman ay inilapat ang aking ulo sa lamesa at pumikit.

"Aren't you going home queen?" The king asked.

"Let me sleep here first" I said in a sleepy voice.

"Chris might be worrying----" I cut Ivan off.

"I don't fucking care about that gangster bastard. Let me sleep!" I said angrily.

I heard him chuckle as he leaves.

Tch! Makatulog na nga lang!

*****

Erick's Pov

I stayed in this room with Avie, while she's sleeping.

I feel sorry for her.

I know how much she loves Chris but I just can't imagine they have to broke up for that reason.

That Amethyst! I wonder how is she doing anyway?

Now that she made them broke up, I wonder what is she up to now?

I just stayed here even though Avie is just sleeping. I got my phone and then dialed Amethyst's number.