Chapter 33: A slant stab

Avie's Pov

"Lumayo kayo sa biktima. Somebody call a police and an ambulance now!" I yelled.

I checked Jessica's pulse and luckily she's still alive. She's just unconscious.

"What happened--omg!" I know it's Loise.

"She's still alive. But she's unconscious. Probably because of the blood she lost" I said as I checked Jessica's body.

Nakadapa siya at ang unang napansin ko talaga sa kanya ay ang kutsilyong nakaslant position  sa kanang likod niya.

Why was it slanting? And when she was stabbed, why didn't anyone heard a single shout?

Then I saw a few traces of blood on the floor. Sinundan ko iyon at nakita ko ang isang pintong nakabukas dito sa kitchen.

I entered the room and I turned on the lights. It was another bedroom with tv, table, and sofa's. And here, on the bed in this room, I saw blood. I also checked the door knob and saw blood stains on it too.

I looked around and saw the that the tv is on. There were popcorn and drinks on the table too.

Another thing that I noticed? Is that this room is sound proof. It has thick walls, acoustic foams, double-paned windows, and insulation foams, probably.

"Any ideas who are the suspects?" Chris asked behind me.

I faced him with a blank stare.

I'm mad. I'm jealous. What did you and Loise do on that basement? Tch.

I nodded. "Two boys, two girls and her boyfriend"

Chris nodded. And began to look around. Probably looking for a clue on this case.

Pinaningkitan ko naman ng mata si Loise na kasalukuyang nakatingin lang sa katawan ni Jessica.

Then, tinawag ko naman ang mga suspects. Hinanap ko iyong apat na kaibigan ni Jessica. Si Hazy ay nandon sa tabi ni Jessica, habang umiiyak. I noticed that his sleeves were folded at nakita ko na parang namumula ang kanyang kamay. Hindi lang iyon basta bastang pamumula coz it looks like he scratched it so hard.

Di rin nagtagal ay nakarating na ang ambulansiya at ang mga pulis.

Pinauwi na rin ng mga pulis ang guests nang ituro ko na sa kanila ang main suspects. They trust me dahil ilang beses ko na rin silang nakakasama sa mga case. Isa pa, nandito rin si Inspector Montir kaya, we're free to investigate.

Dinala na rin sa ospital si Jessica. At kami, at ang mga suspects na lang talaga ang nandito.

Pinapauwi na nga rin ni Chris si Loise kaso ayaw ni Loise. She even told us na she's no detective but she's also smart. She has detective senses too. So she might help us with it.

Before Jessica was taken to the hospital, we took pictures of her first.

Loise is currently staring at the photos. Well, probably she's analyzing what Jessica's situation is.

Chris is also asking some questions about the room. "Why is there a room in this kitchen anyway?" he asked Hazy.

"For a maid. But the maid is on vacation. And when the maid is on vacation, my girlfriend chose this room for her to stay. She said its much more comfortable"

"Why is the room sound proof?" Chris again asked.

"Every room in this house is soundproof"

Chris nodded at lumapit siya sa akin. "Two of the suspects are right handed, and three are left handed" he told me.