piercing green eyes

"ok, i got this," i said to myself as i tried my best to hold stacks of paper in my two weak human arms. 

the elevator door opens and i took a step out, only to trip on my own two feet. before i could fall face flat on the floor, kara was in front of me, holding me up.

"no you dont," the blonde rolled her eyes as helped me up and snatched the stack of papers from me. 

"why do you have to be super all the time, i can handle myself," i grumbled, trailing behind my best friend. kara ignored my grumbling as she continued walking to my desk, knowing i was following behind her. 

as i was walking, i realised the atmosphere in the office was a little out of the ordinary. i took another look around, a puzzled expression clear on my face. 

i walked up towards kara and held onto her shoulder. "why is everyone so..... whispery," i whispered warily. 

"why is everyone what?" she repeated loudly as she turned around. i immediately put my hand over her mouth, shushing her when i realised almost the whole office was staring at us. 

"kara zor-el, one of these days i am going to throw myself out the window so many times you can't do anything but save me for the rest of your life"

the kryptonian ripped my hand from her mouth and gave me a glare. oh like she could scare me with that baby face. 

she mimicked my 'threat' in a whiny voice to mock me, and i was about to retaliate when a woman's voice interrupts me. 

"kara"

the blonde turned around to where the voice came from and squealed happily.

"lena! what are you doing here!"

i watched as kara and the woman named lena, hugged and spoke excitedly to one another. i tilted my head to the side as i took in the sight of the raven haired woman. 

lena. 

she had really nice ocean green eyes. long, glossy black hair. and a really sharp and prominent jaw line.

she was so, so pretty.

a smile unconsciously crept up to my face when i saw her laugh in her conversation with kara. pretty. 

i almost choked on my breath when i realised the woman looked right at me. we made eye contact. she saw i was staring. 

for some reason, i could not look away. i was embarrassed. so so embarrassed. but it was as if her piercing green eyes had me locked and i couldn't move. god, i was so intrigued i could not look away. 

when she looked away first to give kara her attention, i quickly diverted my eyes elsewhere and coughed awkwardly as i attempted to walk away from the situation. 

"y/n!" i heard kara's voice. 

fuckkkkkkkkk

i turned on my heel and smiled awkwardly. "yeah?"

the two women walked towards me, and i swear i am trying with all my power to not look at lena. 

"lena, this is y/n. my best friend. y/n this is lena luthor! she's our new boss now," she said excitedly, wiggling her eyebrows at me. 

"y/n."

my knees- they're weak.

i've never heard my name roll out of someone's tongue so attractively like that. my mouth opened slightly. "o-our new boss? you're taking over ms. grant?"

lena chuckled slightly and nodded, "you don't seem too happy about that? maybe i should rethink my decision"

my eyes widened. "no, no! i- uh," i stopped to clear my throat. fuck, y/n. this is how you make a good first impression on your new boss?

"we're happy to have you here, ms. luthor," i said with a small smile as i held my hand out for a handshake. 

she gave me a warm smile before shaking my hand.

 the moment our hands touched i swear, i had goosebumps.

clearly, i am physically deprived. 

"call me lena, please"

i swallowed my saliva and nodded, "lena." i watched as lena slightly bit her bottom lip and smiled. she's so hot.

"say my name again" she says nonchalantly as she crosses her arm and takes a step forward closer to me. 

my eyes widened so big, they almost popped out of my eye sockets. and im pretty sure my jaw was on the floor. "uh i-"

"OKAAAAY, lena don't you have a meeting at l-corp to get to?" 

oh gosh, thank Rao for your kryptonian.

i watched as kara interlinked arms with lena luthor and walked her to the elevator. it seemed as if lena was trying to look back at me but kara kept diverting her to the elevator. 

what the hell. just happened. 

was my hot new boss just flirting with me? in front of my best friend?

i was still glued to the floor, my mind going literally everywhere and my heart racing. i don't know what i'm feeling, but i'm feeling things. 

before i knew it, kara was back by my side with a nervous grin. "um- sorry about lena. she's uh-"

"is she single?"

kara cocked her head to the side, seemingly amused by my question. "well. yes, but i have to warn you. she does not do relationships or any sort of heavy commitment"

huh. who would've guessed. 

i chewed on my bottom lip, replaying the scenes that happened just a few moments ago. we were staring at each other for so long. i loved the way my name sounded coming from her mouth, and needless to say she liked the way i said her name too. 

"okay y/n i'm going to need you to stop thinking about our new boss like that, especially not around me" she stated with both annoyance and amusement in her tone as she walked towards her desk and takes a seat. 

"think about her like what?" i asked, crossing my arms as i stood in front of her table. 

she lets out a loud sigh and places both her hands on her desk. 

"knowing the two of you, you're going to end up fucking and i.... beg you. please leave me out of it. i want to know nothing"

i let out a laugh as i rolled my eyes. she's probably right. 

"bet having super hearing isn't so fun now, is it? soon all you're gonna hear is- ohh yeah, fuck lena oh fuck me-"

i stopped and froze in my spot when i heard someone clearing their throat behind me. 

fuck. shit. 

i looked at kara to see her with a hand over her mouth, trying to hold in her laughter. i closed my eyes in anticipation when i heard the clicking of the heels slowly inching closer towards me. 

soon enough i felt a presence right behind me, and i did not dare to turn around. 

"i forgot my phone," a familiar voice sounds from right behind my neck. i looked down to see a hand reaching forward to kara's table to grab the iPhone and my eyes followed the hand till I managed to turn around and face the woman i saw before. 

at this point i did not know how to act. do i smile? apologise? hug? die. 

lena took a small step back and i assumed she was just going to leave, until she leaned forward so that her mouth was beside my right ear. 

"and uh, you should save all that for later," she whispered before giving me a devious smile and walking away. 

when she was finally out of sight, i managed to let out a breath i didn't even know i was holding in. oh my god, she's so fucking hot. 

i'd do anything for that woman. i am mentally on my knees for her right now. 

"i JUST told you to leave me out of it!" kara whined loudly from her table, burying her face in her hands.