personal assistant pt. 2

it was 5pm on a friday, and most of the people in the office are scrambling to get as much of this week's work done before they go home so that they wouldn't have to come back on Monday with piles of this week's work waiting for them.

everyone, except for me, i guess. lena has had a pretty successful yet uneventful week which leaves me to a peaceful end to the work week.

therefore i was now helping kelly out with the pile of paperwork she had stacked on her table. that was, until the telephone on my table rang. i quickly pressed the intercom button.

"yes, ms luthor?" i answered as my hands kept busy, filing the papers.

"y/n, could you come into my office please?" her sweet voice filled the speaker of the telephone.

"alright, i'll be right in"

i let out a sigh as i stood up and did a quick stretch. i briefly apologised to kelly, but she just waved me off, too engrossed in her own work.

i knocked on her glass door twice before letting myself in. lena, who was seated on her chair looks up at me and flashes me a grin. i immediately felt my heart doing backflips at the sight in front of me.

"did you ask me to come in here to assist you with something or did you just miss me?" i asked jokingly as i walked over to her desk.

lena puts shuts her laptop close and laughs lightly, blood evidently rushing to her cheeks.

"the latter," she simply replied as she stood up from her chair, and walked towards me who was on the other side of the table. she stood with her back leaning against the table before she interlaces my fingers with hers.

ever since we established our feelings for each other two weeks ago, she's been.. well, clingy. not that i minded, i like it actually. i enjoy her company, and being with her now that we have cleared the air between us just makes things ten times better.

"cute, but you can't possibly call me in and keep me in here whenever you miss me," i raised an eyebrow, my thumb rubbing small circles on her hand.

she just gives me a cheeky grin before nodding in agreement. "alright, then. let's go"

my nose scrunches up in confusion, but lena has already let go of my hand and was already packing her things into her purse.

"where are we going? you have nothing else scheduled for the day," i questioned, my eyes following her excited movements around her office.

she turns around to look at me with feign confusion on her face. "do i not? you must have missed it out. come on," she says before grabbing my hand once again and leading me out of her office.

feeling paranoid about other people seeing us this close, i immediately let go of her hand the moment i stepped outside. she notices and gives me a small, understanding smile.

i grabbed my purse and bid a quick goodbye to kelly before running after lena, who was already entering the elevator. wherever we were heading, lena was definitely excited.

"nice of you to join me," she laughs as i barely made it into the elevator before the doors closed.

"you didn't give me time to pack my things," i rolled my eyes in feign annoyance, "where are we heading to anyway? i'm gonna need to input the address in my gps"

the elevator doors open with a ding as we reached the lobby of l-corp. from here i could see that lena's car wasn't at the pick up point. my mouth opened as my anxiety rises, immediately stopping where i was so that i could call lena's chauffeur to bring over her car.