Chapter 21

Revenant was thinking about some very important stuff. He didn't realise that (Y/N) was sitting next to him as he jumped at the sudden touches.

"Ugh..." He looked away. "Get off me." He growled and tried to pull away.

"Sorry. What's the matter with you this morning?" She moved away and looked at him serious. He looked down before grabbing his second laptop to show her. "Hmm?"

"Read that information." He spoke and layed down, now looking at the ceiling.

"Ok." She began to read as she blushed and looked at him. "W-Why did you want me to read this?"

"That happened earlier on."

"You could've just told me, Rev." His head then snapped to her with a snarl. "Revenant; I said Revenant!"

"That's what I thought." He then took the laptop away and closed it down. Revenant then turned off the light and turned himself off to rest and recharge his circuits.

---

When the two entered the dropship the next morning, they saw a very unfamiliar face in front of them.

"Oh! A new Apex Legend!" (Y/N) smiled and ran to them as Revenant down on the very small bench near the exit of the dropship. "Hello! Who are you?" She asked, looking up at the new Legend.

"Hello. My name is Kairi Imahara, but people call me Valkyrie. That is my Apex name." She walked to (Y/N). "You must be (Y/N) (L/N). I have heard a lot about you here."

She chuckled nervously.

"Well, thanks. It's nice to meet you Valkyrie."

"And I see you brought that robot, Revenant with you to." Valkyrie looked towards him as he looked at and scoffed. "Uhh..."

"Ignore him." Loba rolled her eyes. "He hates everyone apart from (Y/N). Watch this." She walked over to (Y/N) and whispered to her. "Let me slap you to prove to Valkyrie that Revenant loves you."

"How would that pro- OW!" She held her cheek in pain. Revenant immediately got up and charged at Loba, before using his metallic arm to smack her back into Bangalore, causing them both to fall to the floor.

"Never slap her like that or your guts will be all everyone can see!" He yelled out and dragged (Y/N) away roughly. "Don't touch her! Ever!"

He dragged her into his small room and closed the curtain. He sat on the comfy bed and sat her on his lap. He rested his head against her back as she heard his uneven breathing. It was cute.

"Revenant... T-Thanks for standing up for me like that."

"Don't... talk about it." He huffed. "I just snapped. I could've killed her, and could've got you to leave me." He then groaned at what he said. "I hate how I am growing soft over a skinbag like you."

"Well, sorry I am just a regular skinbag." She crossed her arms and stood up, pretending to be offended.

"I didn't mean it like that." He stood up as well, mountaining over her. "Your... special to me. I would hate to not have you around anymore." He clutched his fists and his voice broke. Her eyes widened and looked at him.

Was he crying?

"R-Revenant... are you crying?"

"No... I'm not." He wiped his face and sighed. "Come here." She got closed as he quickly pinned her onto the bed. "Promise me... that you won't die."

---

(Y/N) was partnered up with Valkyrie and Octane. This made a very grumpy Revenant. He was with Pathfinder and Mirage. So, a robot who thinks they can be brothers, and a man who is acts like a show-off and very scared of him.