Chapter 33

It's been two months and Revenant has been very distant from (Y/N) lately. There were more and more talk on how to get some DNA, but at the same time, they didn't know where the head was exactly located anymore. Crypto tried to use his magic to find it, but it was not helpful.

---

(Y/N) was on the dropship with Vantage, learning more information about her. She does this for her Mother. How sweet.

"I am just here. Not a very interesting back story for me." (Y/N) chuckled and Vantage joined her and patted her shoulder. "How is Echo?"

"You remember his name? That's nice to know that someone cares." She smiles and Echo flew to (Y/N) shoulder and nuzzled her neck. "Who are your teammates today?"

"Oh! Didn't you hear? It is solos week!" (Y/N) smiled. "So we are all against each other, no teams or help. Just our own skills and power."

"Oh? I never experienced one of these. That's cool." The younger female hummed and started to think of her strat.

"It's also on Broken Moon, so good luck trying to not get double-teamed." (Y/N) chuckled and walked away to see Revenant.

---

Revenant was sat in the corner of the dropship, but on a small stool like he was naughty and is having punishment.

"Revenant?" (Y/N) walked to the simulacrum and he just turned away from her, not wanting to talk. She sighed and rubbed his shoulder. "Why have you been avoiding me lately? You haven't even been home in weeks."

"I'm just..." He started to speak and his vision went all static. "I'm trying to figure out why my head is hurting so badly, and I don't want to bring harm onto you." The taller figure stood up and walked away. "Don't take any notice of it. I am doing what is best for us... Well, you mainly."

---

The match had started and (Y/N) landed on the far side of the map where there were no other players or AIs. Thankfully because a P-2020 will not do any good in a fight. However, she found a Flatline to add up to the pistol. She was pretty much chilling and made sure to keep a look out, and listen very carefully for breathing.

---

Meanwhile, with Revenant... He was having a blast at killing. He killed Octane, Gibraltar and Bangalore, already claiming the Kill Leader Role. He laughed to himself before having a Vantage line on his chest, so he quickly took cover and tried to activate Death Totem, but it only failed on him.

"Huh? What the heck?" He looked at his hands and then saw Horizon's beam as she flew up and he lifted his arms in defense before being defeated.

---

"Attention, Kill Leader has been eliminated."

"Revenant died already? Damn." (Y/N) chuckled as she finished off Mirage. "Sorry, buddy, but this R-99 is now mine. Thanks." She chuckled and managed to be completely set for the game ahead of her. She can win this.

---

Revenant woke up with a shock to see Octane, Mirage, Gibraltar and Bangalore looking at him curiously.

"What the fuck do you want?" He scoffed and stood up, sorting the cloth around his head. "Why are you all staring?"

"Uhm... Revenant. You've been spazzing out during your sleep." Bangalore told him as the simulacrum.

"Tch." He rolled his eyes. "Where's Loba and the other girlies?"

"They went to some factory for information on your head I think." Gibraltar told him as it did make sense since Loba wanted him to suffer so if she had the head, it could prevent him from being happy.

"I see." Revenant then walked out of the room, opening the mini fridge and grabbed a small bottle of water. "Maybe this'll help." He then lightly opening his faceplate and drank it all, only a small amount dripping down his body.

"You feel better?" Gibraltar asked curiously but he only received a shrug.

---

"I won! I won the match!" (Y/N) was so excited as Wattson and Rampart hugged her happily.

"Well done ya bloody crazy looney!" Rampart messed (Y/N)'s hair up and they all laughed and sat on the couch.

"I'm proud of you, (Y/N)." Wattson smiled and they all chatted about the match they just had.

Revenant walked over to (Y/N) and gave her a small rub on the neck before he walked off, giving her a small look as she looked back and smiled a little. He returned it with a nod before leaving the building and to take on a hitman job.

"Is everything okay with Revenant?"

"He's uhm... He has been struggling a lot lately. He won't tell me and has never been to his home. I worry for him." (Y/N) sighed sadly before sipping some water. "I won't force it out of him, but we're supposed to be planning for a child and to get married."

"Maybe we can have a look at him?" Wattson offered.

"No. He won't have anybody touch him."

"Maybe he wants to die?" Fuse walked over and they all looked at him. "What? The dude is like... bloody 500 years old, ya know?"

"We know, but he actually has something to bloody live for." Rampart told Fuse as he sighed and messed (Y/N)'s hair to a point where it would take like 5 minutes to fix.

"Well, if ya ever need help, give me a yell."

"Thanks, Walter." (Y/N) smiled towards the Austrailian Accent-Like male and walked to her small room on the dropship. She then started to test to claws and smiled at them, impressed by how far they have gotten her. And her tigers of course.

---

Revenant was walking around the town and saw some skinbags giving him frightened looks and some looks of disgust because of what he is. A deadly simulacrum who used to be a human. He groaned and climbed up a tall building to relax on the very roof.

"What is happening to me...?" He spoke to himself and watched the sunset. "I feel like... I-I c-can- argh!"

---

"I don't like this place..." Loba mummbled as her, Maggie and Lifeline walked through the factory with the held of Lifeline's drone lighting the small metal path. The woman looked around and saw many robots or whatever they're supposed to be. However... They were no Revenants. They seemed to be like some mindless, grey soldiers. Lifeless, but opperate as commanded. "Hmm."

"What I want to do is punch him in his dumb little glasses." Maggie punched her own palm, to show how badly she wants punch Silva... Not Octane. "Duardo! Come out, come out, where ever you are." Lifeline looked at the eager woman who wanted to punch Octane's Dad.

"There are many of these around the outlands." As the medic looked through the systems to see how many factories existed. She then put in a USB to collab the data before time ran out. However, it was cut short to Maggie throwing a knife into a hanging machine, causing alarms to go off when it fell into the abyss.

"Time to go, ladies!" Loba yelled as they all ran to the exit, while fighting the robots. It went well as they all managed to get out okay, Loba trusting her translocator to Lifeline's drone as she appeared, appreciating the drone as it chirped.

"How do we get out of here?" Lifeline asked as the robots were beginning to bust through the doors.

"You think I would do something like this and not plan an escape route?" Loba chuckled as Valkyrie came in and blew up the entrance.

"Come on, let's get home." She smiled and picked Loba up, bridal style, while Lifeline and Maggie held onto the ropes they used during trios. Valkyrie also held the drone on her back.

"I just hope whatever on this drive will know what Duardo is doing."

"Yeah. Hope so." Maggie agreed as she smiled at the planet Salvo below her. "But your egghead pal will figure it out."

Loba looked into her hand as she held an item which Valkyrie couldn't see.

Revenant's eye...