chapter 10: Kaga's upgrade and confession

One day
Josh and Emerald are going over some ideas for Kaga (this is after Queen Mary 2 has received her upgrades for both her ship and rigs)

Emerald: What kind of aircraft are you looking to give Kaga?

Josh: I'm personally think about some modern era fighter jets in addition to her usual planes.

Emerald: like what?

Josh: F/A 18 hornets and F22 raptors.

Emerald: won't they damage her flight deck?

Josh: not if she has a reinforced deck.

Emerald: ok. So what do they look like?

Josh shows her a couple of pictures of the hornets and raptors.

Emerald: wow.

Then Josh asked for Kaga to be docked from duty until her upgrades has finished. Until then she taught in classes.

After class one day

Josh went to Kaga's class as she was finishing up.

Kaga: and so remember to launch torpedoes before the enemy launch theirs not at the last minute.

Sims: (with hand up) excuse me, what if they and we launch the torpedoes at the same time?

Kaga: as long as it's not the last second, you'll be ok. Ok class dismissed.

As the class members pack up their workbooks, Josh walked towards the front of the room

Kaga: hi Josh.

Josh: hey Kaga, how do you go with teaching?

Kaga: ok. At first they were surprised that I was teaching them for abit. By the way, is the upgrades finished yet?

Josh: come and see.

Then Josh and Kaga head to the dock where Kaga's ship is just finished with the upgrades and is back in the water. They board her ship self, Kaga finds two rails on her flight deck.

Kaga: what are these?

Josh: steam catapults.

Kaga: what for?

Josh: lets get your ship out of the port.

As Kaga's ship starts to move out to the open ocean. A elevator was going to the flight deck revealing two types of aircraft.

Kaga: wow. This is why you wanted to upgrade my ship.

She goes to have a closer look at one of the aircraft.

Josh: be careful, Kaga.

Kaga: they are nice. But what are they?

Josh: fighter jets. You like?

Kaga: like? I love them! But do I still have the other planes?

Josh: yep.

Then Kaga hugs him making him surprised

Josh: uh Kaga?

Kaga: thanks for the upgrades, Josh.

Josh: ahem. It's fine but don't you want to launch a fighter jet first?

Kaga: o-oh right.

She launches one of her new aircraft but when a exhaust catcher came up Kaga was confused and was about to stop the launch but Josh tells her to continue with the launch. And he hands her a pair of earmuffs.

Kaga: what are these for?

Josh: just put them on. But they're specifically designed for your ears.

Kaga: (looking at her earmuffs) ok.

After she had put them on. Josh signalled a Manjuu to send the jet and it did launch it from the runway. The jet did a quick flight then it landed back on the deck. And Kaga was very impressed.

Kaga: (takes her earmuffs off) Thank you heaps Josh.

Josh: my pleasure, Kaga.

Kaga: I want to ask you something if that's ok?

Josh: sure.

Kaga: since when you told me that you loved white foxes (points her fingers together and blushes) did you mean that you love me as well?

Josh: of course and I mmph!? (He was suddenly was kissed by Kaga)

Kaga: I've always wanted to hear you say that, Josh.

Josh: I'm flattered and all but you could've waited for me to finish first.

Kaga: sorry. But what if Hood confess to you as well?

Josh: you can share, if that's ok?

Kaga: ok.

When they got back to base and as Kaga had predicted. Hood confessed her love to Josh and he asked her to share him with Kaga and she agreed.

Next chapter calm before the storm