chapter 15: the new ship and the Elite

-flashback during the final phases of the battle-
The weather turned wet. Fearing that Kaga was mortally wounded or worse, Josh had ordered Tirpitz to take him to where Kaga fell. He didn't have time to equip his diving gear, Josh took a dive from Tripitz's ship into the deep ocean.

Tirpitz: JOSH!? Are you crazy!?

-in the depths of the ocean-
Josh was having trouble breathing as he continues to swim towards his best friend who was sinking.

Josh: (thinks) I've gotten careless. Damn it, Josh! What were you thinking?! Ah-ha! I've found you.

He grabs his friend by the wrist and swims up to Tripitz's ship. He managed to get there just in time before he collapses on his other friend's deck.

Tirpitz: (muffled) Josh! Come on, hang in there. (To Laffey) find an oxygen tank. quickly!

Laffey: understood.

Having found a oxygen tank, Tirpitz managed to get it on hoping that he would wake up after saving kaga.

-flashback end-

A month had passed since the battle of the mirror sea.
Josh had woke up in the medical centre. When he did, he found that Kaga was asleep by his side until he woke back up.

In the shared office.
While Emerald is busy with paperwork, Yorktown makes a couple of coffees.

Emerald: (sighs and has a break) how does he handle all this work?

Yorktown: (hands Emerald a cuppa coffee) I wonder how the construction of the new ship is coming along.

Emerald: what new ship?

Yorktown: didn't Josh tell you?

Emerald:(has a drink) no why? At least I don't think so... oh thanks for the coffee, Yorktown.

Yorktown: my pleasure, Emerald.

She started to explain about the new ship and an elite squad of the Eagle union coming to Azur Lane.

Emerald: so who leads the Eagle Union elite?

Yorktown: her name is New Jersey. She's also known as the black dragon.

Emerald: can I have a look at her file?

Yorktown: sure.

As Yorktown handed Emerald the file, she was impressed with the skills that NJ has. (Yes NJ stands for New Jersey by the way.)

At the docks.
While Josh is walking with Kaga hand in hand. A manjuu arrived with a chipboard. It hands it up to him for the final form.

Josh: (writes a signature) that it'll do, Thanks. You may awake her when you're ready.

Manjuu: (tilts it's head) chirp?

Josh: (realises what it was trying to say) oh right. I need to be there in case if she starts asking where I am. We'll be there shortly.

Manjuu: Chirp chirp!

It ran off to the dry dock.

Kaga: what was that about, Josh?

Josh: Tripitz and I have taken a cruiser design from Iron Blood in hopes that she'll be a good asset for Azur Lane in this war against the crimson Axis.

Kaga: who's the crusier?

Josh: I'll introduce you to her.

The two head to the dry dock just in time as a Girl with blonde hair and dressed in a black uniform wakes up slowly. When the pair got there, they found Tripitz was waiting patiently for them.