chapter 21: plan of defence

After the fight between Kaga and Kage-marine. Everyone was busy cleaning up the mess as Enterprise was scolding Kage-marine for her actions against Kaga who was recovering in the medical centre.

Enterprise: you have some nerve about starting a fight against your own alies, Kage-marine.

Kage-marine: hey! Not my fault that I don't trust those who are apart of the Red Axis.

Enterprise: and Kaga should have told you that she was a spy for Josh.

Kage-marine: so? Not my problem. All I know is even that Tirpitz could be spying for the Ir-

QM2: (entering the conversation) if you finish that sentence, I would personally thump you one. She's been with Josh since the war started.

Kage-marine: (folds her arms infront of her) tch.

Then Josh, Emerald and Hood arrived.

Josh: and I believe that it's worth having Both Queen Mary 2 and Tirpitz as your bodyguards considering that you're going to be Bismarck's target when they attack, Hood.

Hood: once again I thank you for your consideration but I'm worried about you then me.

Emerald: Don't worry about that, Hood. While the first carrier division would be apart of his main fleet Roon is going to be his flagship.

Kage-marine: (shouts nearby) WHAT?! How is it that there isn't not one but two members of Iron Blood are of Azur Lane?!

Josh: (sighs) oh right, I completely forgot about Kage-marine being here because of earlier.

Emerald: what happened earlier?

Hood: Kage-marine started a fight with Kaga. Hence why she's in the medical centre with Vestal checking her for any fatal injuries.

Emerald: then why do we have her here?

Josh: I've asked the admiral for some help with defence. That's why that both Red and Kage-marine are here.

Emerald: oh right.

Hood: at the very least, she doesn't know about our spy within the sirens. Purifier would be scared of her wits.

Josh: true dat...

Emerald: why would Puri be afraid of her for?

Josh: because Kage-marine would tear her to pieces. And trust me when I say that.

Later.

Josh was organising his fleets into formation when Wales arrived.

Wales: can I make a request, Josh?

Josh: sure.

Wales: I wish to be a part of Hood's fleet seeing as myself and Hood are best friends.

Josh: I need you with my fleet, Wales. Mary can protect her with Tirpitz.

Wales: but what if Bismarck sees her own sister with her?

Josh: If she does, my gambit would have work if the Bismarck sisters fight each other instead of Hood having to fight against Bismarck.

Wales: I trust your judgement on this. Just as I have in Atlas.

Josh: thanks, Wales.

After Wales had left. Josh turns to a photo of his team with a human version of Penny before she fell by his counterpart's sister.

Josh: (thinks) sometimes I wish that you would be able to help us just like you did when we were in Atlas, Pen. Our team miss you.

Then a knock was heard on the door of the office.

Josh: yea?

Then Akagi entered his office

Josh: Is there something that I can help you with, Akagi?

Akagi: just to let you know that Shinano will be arriving shortly with her own fleet.

Josh: ah right. Thanks Akagi.

Akagi: I've heard that my sister gotten into a fight this morning, is she ok?

Josh: yea. Kage-marine has trust issues.

Akagi: She can go all out when Iron Blood arrives.

Josh: yea about that. I'm thinking that we'll go out and meet them head on so that the base doesn't get in the line of fire.

Akagi: sounds like a good plan.

Later The Azur Lane fleet head out to meet Iron Blood head on before Hood and her fleet left. Both Josh and Hood gave each other a hug then she leaves with her fleet not realising that it might be her last.

The next chapter: clash in the sea.