chapter 24: the commodore's arrival

A/N quick note: hi there. I've made the decision of the Commodore of Azur lane is.... Horatio Caine. Anyhoo, let's head back to the story. I don't own the character please don't sue

Some time after the battle against Iron Blood, Josh and the armada returned safely. upon their arrival, Prince of Wales was a little worried about her friend, Hood as Vestal had just arrived with some medical manjuus. As Kaga's carrier had docked, they hurried to the medical centre.

Wales: what happened out there?

Tirpitz: Hood's been badly injured but rest assure that she will recover.

Wales: what then?

Tirpitz: I went to deal with my sister by badly damaging her rig. (Turns to Kaga's direction) but I didn't do it alone.

Wales goes to give Tirpitz a hug as a sign of thanks and follows the medical manjuus. Enterprise approaches Mary.

Enterprise: are you ok, Mary?

QM2: I'm fine it's only a scratch.

Enterprise: but one of your turrets are missing.

QM2: it's only in self repair.

Enterprise: ok. But I think that you should go to Vestal as a precaution.

QM2: I was planning to go see her anyways.

After they finished chatting, Josh heads to the office with Emerald, Yorktown and Kaga. When they got there, Josh notices a letter on his desk.

Josh: (notices the letter) when did this arrive?

Emerald: (Heads over) what's that?

Josh: a letter addressed to us.

He takes a seat and starts to read it.

Josh: huh. Looks like that the command has sent the commodore back here.

Emerald: and who is the commodore?

Josh: he and I went to the same officers academy in the homeland of Eagle Union.

Emerald: (Ponders) Eagle Union... (to Yorktown) isn't that your home, Yorktown?

Yorktown: sure is. The homeland is called by another name.

Emerald was about to ask when Josh told her that it was called the US. Then Josh asks for Belfast, Sheffield, Edinburgh and Lil Bel to tidy up an old office which they were already on it.

A few days later.

A couple of ships were approaching Azur Lane. They were North Carolina and Washington. As the girls were chatting, the commodore is reading a file about the other commander of Azur Lane.

Commodore: hmm.

Washington: (sits next to him) wattca reading?

Commodore: a file about commander Sustrai.

Washington: Isn't that your friend's student one time?

Commodore: yes. According to this, she isn't from around here.

Washington: what? Like an alien like Josh's friend, Purifier?

Commodore: (puts the file asside) no. More likely to be a different reality.

Washington: huh?

Then her sister came to them to inform them that they are not to far from Azur lane.

At the docks.

Josh and the others were waiting patiently for them to arrive. Emerald was very nervous about meeting the commodore.

Yorktown: are you ok?

Emerald: more or less. I'm a bit nervous.

Yorktown: don't worry, the commodore doesn't bite. Once you get to know him, he's quite friendly like Josh.

Emerald: I hope that you're right.

Then Washington's ship pulled in and docks. Washington disembarked from her ship with the commodore. She finds Josh and goes to hug him catching him off guard and knocked over.

Washington: it's wonderful to see you again, Josh.

Josh: (struggling to breathe) same...here...can...you...get...off...me?

She does so.

Josh: (breathes normally again) thank you. (Notices the commodore) welcome back to Azur Lane, Commodore Caine.

Commodore: it's wonderful to be back here, Josh.

The commodore sees a very nervous Emerald.

Commodore: is this her?

Josh: who? (Gestures to Emerald) Emerald?

Commodore: that's right.

Josh: yep. (Calls out to Emerald) hey, Em!

Emerald: yea?

Josh: come over here for a minute.

She does so.

Josh: Emerald, I would like to introduce you to Commodore Horatio Caine. (To Horatio) Sir,this is Emerald Sustrai.

Horatio: nice to meet you, Commander Sustrai. Might I ask where you are from?

Emerald: sure. I'm from a realm called Ramment.

Then Josh suggests that they could talk more in the office

The next chapter: the commodore and the Siren