chapter 12: the battle of the mirror sea part 1

A few days later.
Yorktown had started her assignment as a new secretary for Emerald, the second in command of Azur Lane. While her sisters, Enterprise and Hornet are training with Kaga in learning to launch their new planes. She was sorting out Emerald's paperwork into separate files.

Yorktown: phew (wipes her forehead after finishes putting the last folder in the box) I think that's all for today.

Then Emerald entered into the newly combined office.

Emerald: Hi Yorktown.

Yorktown: afternoon Emerald.

Emerald: wow. You already sorted the paperwork out already?

Yorktown: of course. By the way, have you seen Josh or the others?

Emerald: well, Kaga is training your younger sisters with launching their new jets. While Tripitz is helping Mary with her training. And Josh? I don't know where he is.

Elsewhere
In an unkown location. Josh is looking at some blueprints given to him by Tripitz when they first met at Iron Blood.

Flashback
Location: Iron Blood

It was a cold place. There was roughly around 5 to 10 ships docked at the Iron Blood port. Josh and Tripitz are heading towards a pub while Josh complained about the cold, Tripitz noticed that he was about to walk into someone and he did. Making him and the other fall over

?: (angry) Hey! Vatch vhere you're going, Idot!

Josh: Me?! Why don't you watch where you're going.

?: Huh?! Care too say that again.

Then Tripitz cuts in

Tripitz: ok, ok you two, that's enough. (To Josh) basically it was your fault that you won't stop complaining about how cold it is out here. (To the other) I'm sorry about that, Hipper.

Admiral hipper
Naval ship: Heavy Crusier
Camp: Iron Blood

Hipper: tch. As long as he pays more attention than complains about our weather. It's fine.

Tripitz: I'll be zure to keep an eye out for him.

As Josh and Tripitz left Hipper after Josh helped Hipper back on her feet. Then Tripitz asked him to meet her in front of her sister's office after dark which he agreed.

That night.
Tripitz was waiting patiently for her sister to finish up for the night.

?: and I think that is it for the day. Time to get ready for bed.

Tripitz: (thinks) it's about time.

As her sister left her office, Tripitz heads inside and goes to a filing cabinet that marked research projects. Then Josh came in to help her with finding what they were looking for.

Josh: is this it? (Holds a project marked project dreadnought)

Tripitz: that's it.

Then they found something troubling on a large table.

Tripitz: uh Josh?

Josh: yea.

She turns him to see the table and they went to see what was there until

Prinz Eugen: (from behind) got a good look?

Tripitz: Vat's going on, Eugen?

Prinz Eugen: Vhy are you interested?

Josh: so you and the Sakura Empire are turning against Azur Lane?

Prinz Eugen nods

Tripitz: vhy?

Prinz Eugen: I'm not the one to ask. If you want to ask, then go to the Sakura empire.

Then Eugen notices the file marked project dreadnought and decides to let them go but warns them that if Tripitz's sister finds out, she won't be happy.

Flashback ends

He is having deciding to whether or not he would like to start the construction of the ship. And then he turns to a manjuu wearing a builder's hat.

Josh: start the construction.

Manjuu: (salutes) chirp!

As they started to build the ship. Josh went to his and Emerald's office. On the way he saw a few damaged battleships. A girl collapses on the dock when her ship self docked. He rushed over to them

Josh: Arizona! Girls!

Arizona: C-commander?

Josh: what happened?

Oklahoma: S-sakura empire happened. They weren't alone.

Josh: Sirens...

Then Arizona closed her eyes and he took her and lead the others to the medical centre. Once arrived, Vestal told him to take Arizona to a empty ward and he placed her in the bed. Then Emerald and Yorktown arrived.

Emerald: What happened to her?

Josh: Arizona? I think that her fleet were ambushed by the Sakura Empire and some sirens.

Yorktown: really?

Josh: beats me. But I think that Kaga would know.

Emerald: but she's busy with Enterprise and Hornet to turn against us.

Josh: i doubt that she would turn against us considering that she's like a sister to me.

Emerald: true.

Yorktown: (notices that Arizona woke up) uh guys.

Josh/ Emerald: yes?

Yorktown: she's awake.

The trio went into the ward

Josh: how are you feeling?

Arizona: sore.

Emerald: What happened out there?

Arizona tells them that she and her friends were ambushed by Akagi and some sirens while they were on patrol.

In the office

Josh: should've known that Akagi would be behind this.

Yorktown: but why would she do this?

Kaga: (from behind) it's because that I've turned against the red Axis alliance.

Emerald: when did you turn against them?

Josh: before you joined us from Ramment.

Emerald: then what do we do?

Then Cleveland entered

Cleveland: Josh! Emerald! You need to see this.

She goes to give them an emergency report indicating that the red Axis is on the move.

Josh: ready the fleets. Emerald, you're in charge of the Eagle union while I take command the royal navy.

The fleets leave Azur Lane. While Emerald takes her command of the Eagle union from Yorktown's carrier form, Josh takes command of the Royal Navy from Kaga's carrier form.

On board Queen Elizabeth's ship.

Queen Elizabeth, Queen Mary 2 and Wales are amazed that both Eagle Union and the Royal navy fleets were joined by Kaga and Tripitz.

To be continued.