9: Get Away From Me

"Woah!"

Aranea, Elenea, and Vayne widened their eyes when they saw that the Simurgh that chased them was caught on fire.

It screeched at the top of its lungs then fell on the ground, making the three look at the student who helped them.

Behind them, they saw another Garuda with three students on it as well. The one in front, however, had red hair with red eyes that paired it, making him look like an extraordinary person. He looked exceptionally handsome as well!

"Vayne," Aranea called his attention. "Who is that guy?"

Vayne rolled his eyes at Aranea. He scoffed as well, making the two girls look at him. It made them wonder why he seemed to be annoyed.

"Oh, that's Zann Scarlet." There was irritation in his voice. "He's one of the best students with the best magic, which is fire. On top of that, he is—"

"Ah! Zann's here!"

"He may be cold but he is so hot!"

"Yeah, like his fire magic!"

"Why is he so cold like ice, though?"

"Zann! Notice me!"

Hearing how the girls swooned, Vayne rolled his eyes once more. The girls now understood what he's going to say next.

Apparently, Zann is a popular guy in the academy.

The Garudas landed safely on the ground, making the students gather in the middle of the ground.

The moment they have already clustered together, Gertrude Mayfair walked to the middle, making the students make a space for her.

"Aranea and Elenea Griffin. Vayne Woode, and Zann Scarlet." Hearing their names, the students silenced, waiting expectantly for what is going to happen. "The students called, please move forward. Now."

The students started murmuring when they heard the urgency in Gertrude's voice. The students who were called walked in the middle of the circle, leaving Gertrude and the four students called in front of them as if they were watching a scene.

"Why were they called?"

"Probably because of the fight with a Simurgh."

"Hey, those two students aren't familiar."

"Obviously freshmen students."

"Hey that poor boy Vayne is with them."

"I don't care about that! Why is my dear Zann involved?"

"Oh, duh! He helped them! Without him, the three might be done for!"

Hearing the chit chats of the students around them, Professor Gertrude shouted, a complete opposite to her calm demeanor.

"Everyone should enter the academy right now! Quickly!"

The students groaned the moment they heard her instruction. They were interested to listen to why the specific students were called that's why the groans of complaints were heard, making Gertrude furrow her brows.

"To those who would do otherwise, freshmen will immediately get demerits and the higher ups will have their ranks lessened."

With Professor Gertrude's threat, the students rushed inside, leaving her with the students she held back. With a snap of the professor's fingers, a frog appeared right before her, making Aranea and Elenea's eyes widen in amusement.

"Croak! What is it, Gertrude? Croak!"

Aranea and Elenea looked at each other then back at the frog. They blinked their eyes a few times as both of them recalled at the same time the speaking animal that talked to them on the bus.