63: My Summoner

Everyone was practically amazed when they saw how Aranea and Darenn communicated. Even though they met just now, it's as if they have been talking for quite some time!
The escalation of events that happened just now were shocking. It made Elenea, Professor Grisham, Leonel, and Zann think that their connection was all sudden!
With Zann recently renewing his vows as Aranea's familiar, suddenly a new familiar came in the same day? What's more is that this familiar is someone not familiar to them!
Zann and Leonel looked at each other, cocking their heads at the same time as they wondered who could this familiar be and what his element is.
"Do you know him?" Zann asked, Leonel, shaking his head to answer him.

"No. During my stay in Ravaya until I was summoned, I am not familiar with him."
With that, the familiars continued looking at both of them. Darenn stopped crying, Aranea, smiling at him as she looked at everyone present.
"Everyone," she started, all eyes on her. "Meet Darenn," she added, Zann, scoffing as he rolled his eyes at her.
"We already know. You guys seem to know each other well," he answered sarcastically, Darenn, narrowing his eyes at him as his voice sounded deep.
"Be nice."
"What?"
When Darenn warned him, Aranea could not help but snicker. Zann just rolled his eyes at him, Leonel, shaking his head as he initiated a conversation with the new familiar.
"Hello, Darenn. My name is Leonel."
"Hi, Leonel."
"I'm sorry for acting cautious and suspicious around you. We just wanted to protect our Summoner."
"I understand."
"Anyway, are you certain that you are Aranea's familiar now?"
"I am."
Leonel's eyebrow twitched. His lips turned into a tight line as he noticed that his replies are short, a slight tinge of coldness coming from it as well.

'What is with this guy's limited reply of only having two words!?'
With Elenea noticing the discomfort of the two familiars, she sighed then shrugged, talking to her twin sister.
"Anyway, Aranea," she started, getting her attention. "Are you sure that Darenn is your familiar? You know with the story of Hyacinth--"
Darenn's eyes turned melancholic, interrupting Elenea in an instant.
"Hyacinth's gone," he said, Elenea, furrowing her brows as she saw his expression pitiful.
"Well, I don't know," Aranea mumbled, answering her twin sister's question. "I did summon him with my kiss when I held it and when my lips touched it," she added, Professor Grisham contempleting for a while.
"Hmm..."
Professor Grisham then looked at Darenn. He gave him a small smile, sympathizing with him as he asked him a series of questions.
"Darenn... was Hyacinth your previous Summoner?"
The man nodded, "She was."
"Were you alone as her familiar?"
Darenn nodded once more, "Only me."

Professor Grisham stayed silent for a while. Everyone did not dare speak a word as they waited for the professor to continue the conversation, wondering where he's getting at.
His eyes then landed on the pedestal. He remembered that the Stygian Forest, specifically this part, wasn't explored, making him think of how long could he have possibly stayed here and why was his familiar item a coin.
"Can I ask another series of question, Darenn?" Professor Grisham asked in respect, the familiar, giving him his reply.
"You may."
Professor Grisham took a deep breath then exhaled. He doesn't know if his questions would offend Darenn but since he said yes when he asked permission, he might as well try.
"How long have you stayed here?"
Darenn was silent for a while. It was as if he was counting in his mind as the expression on his face looked serious. Both of his brows knitted together, his eyes slightly squinting as he gave his unsure answer.
"Don't know."
Professor Grisham just nodded. It was understandable for him to not know how long he stayed in a coin for such a long time here in Stygian Forest until Aranea summoned him.
"Why are you a coin?" Professor Grisham asked, Darenn, cocking his head to the side as if he asked a silly question.

"Coin. Treasure."
"Treasure?" Now Aranea can't help but butt in to the conversation. "What do you mean, Darenn?"
Darenn looked at Aranea with warmth in his eyes. Compared to when he was being talked to by the familiars, Aranea's twin sister, and Professor Grisham, Darenn's eyes seemed to twinkle as he was being talked to by his new Summoner.
"Hyacinth good."
Aranea cocked her head to the side and asked, "Why?"
"Found me."
"Where?"
"This forest."
"And then?" Aranea slightly groaned, feeling quite impatient. "Can you speak more than two words, please?"
Darenn shook his head, "Only two."
Aranea bit her lip, trying her best not to be impatient.

"Then continue!"
Darenn nodded, "I will."
"I think this is going to take long," Zann whispered to Professor Grisham, Leonel and Elenea, sighing as they agree with the Fire Familiar.
As Darenn was about to tell the story with two words in ever sentence, Professor Grisham got their attention by clapping his hands, the sound echoing in the cave.
"Why not we continue this in the academy?" He suggested, Darenn, looking at the professor.
"What? Academy?"
"Yes!" Professor Grisham nodded enthusiastically, "Actually, your Summoner and her friends here are students and they are out for a task. Now that they are done, they have to go out!"
When Darenn heard this, he felt a slight headache, making him shake his head as he groaned a bit.
"I'm confused."
"It's alright," Elenea encouraged him, Darenn, giving her a slight smile as he sensed kindness from her. "Everything will be explained to you once we go to the academy!"
With how everyone talked to Darenn, Zann could not help but scoff as he voiced out his concerns.
"You think that Darenn will come even though Aranea summoned--"
What Darenn did next surprised everyone. He grabbed Aranea by the waist, his eyes closed as his lips smoothly landed on Aranea's lips.

Aranea had her eyes wide open, her body stiffening even though Darenn had already parted away from her.
"Wh-wh-what..?"
Darenn smiled at Aranea, patting her head at the same time.
The Summoner looked like a little rabbit under a big lion!

"I'll go," he said, Aranea, blinking her eyes a few times as she did not expect that Darenn sealed their bond quick.
"What?"
"You. Aranea."
Darenn pointed at Aranea. A sweet smile appeared on his face, the familiar proud of his decision.
"My Summoner."