30: Resonation

"Nnngh..."

Aranea slowly opened her eyes. The moment she did, her eyesight adjusted to the orange skies above them, indicating that the day was about to end.

'What happened?'

Aranea slowly sat up. She checked her surroundings and saw that Leonel was in an Indian sit, his face beet red as he had both of his hands on his face.

"Stop moping," Elenea said, giving him a towel to wipe his sweat off due to the training. "Both of you did not expect what would happen next. Aranea's face landing on your crotch is an accident."

"Aaah..." Leonel shook his head in embarrassment, "You don't have to tell me what happened earlier..."

Hearing this, Aranea's eyes widened. Her mouth was ajar as she put both of her hands on her face, slapping it red as she exclaimed in terror when she remembered what happened earlier.

"So... the soft-going-hard sensation on my face was not my imagination!?"

When Elenea and Leonel heard her shout, both of their faces reddened, remembering the embarrassing event that had happened earlier.

Their training was already going great—intense and at the same time, Aranea was about to match up to Leonel's attacks!

However, because of Aranea's clumsiness, what had happened next was indeed unforeseen.

Instead of getting her win against her mighty familiar, she stumbled on her arrow, making her land on his crotch, the two of them passing out due to fatigue and due to the impact of their fall.

"A-Aranea..."
Leonel called out to her. Shyness was evident in his voice as he averted his gaze away from his Summoner.

"You don't have to say it like that—let this be something we both should forget, yeah? Please?"

"Yes, yes—you bet!"

Aranea was nodding her head in immediate agreement.

"I want to let the memory of this shameful sparring be forgotten—please! I was even about to win against you, damn!"

With that, there was suddenly an awkward silence. With the two of them quieting down, Elenea shook her head as she suddenly remembered the main objective that they were about to do after their sparring.

"If you want that out of your mind," Elenea trailed off, sitting on the tree stump as she made the two remember what they had almost forgotten. "Why don't you go along with the resonation thingy Leonel was saying?"

"Oh!"

Leonel stood up immediately, nodding enthusiastically as he shoved the embarrassing moment aside.

"Yes, yes! This is way important! Aranea, let's do resonation!"

"Oh, alright," Aranea said, her embarrassment slowly fading away as she stood up. "What are we to do when doing that?" she asked, wanting to forget her face falling on the crotch of her familiar, Leonel.

"In resonation, we merge our magic to become one. It's like combining our manas together and synchronizing it—so we could come up with something in mind."

"Hmm..." Aranea cocked her head to the side, "Kind of blurry to me. Example?"

"It would be better if we try something out together," he said, looking straight into Aranea's eyes. "Let's try to at least surround my water magic around your arrow."

"Oh!" Aranea's eyes twinkled, "We can do that!?"

"Yes!"

Seeing her enthusiasm made Leonel feel more at ease now.

"In order to do that, we have to think of the goal together in mind as we take a few moments to ourselves, merging our magic into one."

Aranea furrowed her brows. Listening to Leonel, she thought it was easier said than done.

"How are we going to merge our magic together?"

Leonel contemplated for a while. With someone who wasn't aware about her magical powers for a long time, how could Leonel explain to her how to channel her magic powers on her item?

"Well," Leonel started, "Get your weapon first. Once you do, close your eyes, and focus your energy to it."

And Aranea did as she was told. She got her bow and arrow from the side, closing her eyes as she did a stance.

It was as if she was aiming at someone, but she was doing her best interpretation of what Leonel said of focusing her energy on her weapon.

Aranea felt a different flow in her body. She felt cool, the energy going in one direction—towards her weapon. She opened her eyes when she noticed that her bow and arrow had a faint shining light on it, her head turning towards Leonel beside her.

"A-Am I doing it right? Is this supposed to happen?"

Leonel smiled at her, nodding to answer her question.

"Yes. Now continue focusing it, and I'll do the rest so you would know how resonation feels like."

Soon after, Leonel closed his eyes. He then held Aranea's shoulder for a brief moment, his water magic surrounding her arrow as small water droplets levitated around her weapon.

"Woah! That is amazing!"

Elenea couldn't help but be amazed as well. Aranea's eyes widened, a grin of astonishment appearing on her face as she watched what was happening on her favorite weapon.

Slowly, her arrow was being engulfed in water. She thought that it would be heavier because of the amount of water surrounding it. Her arrow still felt light—as if nothing was around it as the water continued to take the shape of an arrow.

Leonel then opened his eyes. He then pulled his hand away from Aranea, instructing her what to do next.

"Now, try to fire that arrow in one of the trees around us," he said, Aranea nodding as she did so.

She released the arrow from her bow and the moment it did, it hit one of the branches of the tree, snapping it in half in an instant then it soon fell on the ground.

Seeing this, the twins exclaimed in amazement, Leonel, chuckling as he found their reaction cute.

"It is a weak attack, but once we focus on a stronger goal, it would be a more powerful magic combination of our attack. However, in order for that to happen, we have to resonate our magic longer and it would require a lot of our mana."

When Leonel explained this, Aranea now understood what he meant especially when they already did it together.

It was then that both of them learned that Aranea was more of a learn-by-experience learner rather than reading it by the books.

"So, resonation is basically channeling our manas together and focusing it in one point. It has to be done depending on the goal at hand and the time varies, too."

"Yes!"

Leonel nodded, proud that his Summoner is finally understanding what resonation is.

"We have more to talk about when it comes to resonation such as compatibility—affinity... but that would have to wait. We have to talk about our ordeals," he added, the twins nodding as they remember that.

"Right... the deadly ordeals," Aranea mumbled, Elenea's lips turning into a tight line as she started feeling nervous as well.

"You don't have to be so nervous," Leonel encouraged them, patting his chest as a grin appeared on his face.

"You have me, remember? We can do this as long as we do the best we can."