50: How Can She Be This Happy-Go-Lucky?

"Okay, so let's finalize the plan."

Aranea looked at Zann, going through over the plan before they would start with their task on hunting down a Catoblepas.

"We would be hunting a water type Catoblepas, so we are to go to the falls of Stygian Forest. Once the sun sets, Zann would distract one Catoblepas and while he does that, we put the other to sleep."

Zann nodded, looking at Leonel as he reiterated his part of the plan.

"You would be tasked to give the meat to the second Catoblepas."

He handed him the meat from the Valaha they had defeated and then gave him the sleeping potion.
"Since the Catoblepas is a large beast, I suggest you put the whole content of that bottle."

Leonel was silent. He just got the meat and the bottle from Zann, acknowledging his role for this plan. However, he felt uneasy to be ordered around by Zann when in their childhood, it was usually Leonel who would tell them of what to do during their missions.

The tables have indeed turned...

"So, while waiting for Leonel, Aranea and I would be hiding by the nearby trees, correct?"

The two Familiars nodded when Elenea asked them the question.

"Once Leonel is sure that the Catoblepas is asleep, he would rejoin with us and that would be the time that we would follow you to where you would lead the Catoblepas," Aranea added, Zann nodding as he heaved a sigh.

"As this plan has been thought of well, I'm still not sure if it would be effective. But then again, this is the best thing we could do as of the moment," he reploed, the twins, nodding as Leonel continued to listen.

"Where would you be leading the Catoblepas?" he asked, looking at the map at the same time. "If we would be at the falls, then where would you be taking the other?"

"To the other side of the falls, on the east side from where the other Catoblepas is present. It may be farther from the waters of the falls, but still, it is enough for you to reach, no?"

When Zann answered his question and at the same time asked him if his powers could handle the distance, Leonel nodded, finding the accuracy of his plan effective.

"Good then," Zann commented, looking at the sky as he could already deduce the time without even looking at his watch or his phone. "We have a few hours to spare. Before then, we could start treading our way towards the falls."

The moment he stood up, the twins fixed what they needed, and decided to leave those things that they do not need. With Zann's plans already finalized, Leonel could not help but stare at his back as he helped the twins in fixing up the things that they needed.

'Zann...'
Leonel's eyes seemed like it would pierce through Zann's body at any given moment.

'How much have you changed while you were away?'

***

The four of them already started walking towards the falls, Zann, leading them the way. The twins were behind him as Leonel was behind them, checking what's behind them while the twins look at the sides.

The air in the Stygian Forest grew colder—the breeze kissing their skin as dead leaves flew above their heads. It also became darker, making Zann spread his flames on the torches the others were holding for them to see their surroundings better.

"What time is it?" Elenea asked, making the Fire Familiar answer his question.

"Already 4 PM in the afternoon."

"Whaaaat?" The surprise was evident in Aranea's voice. "How can it be this dark in the afternoon?" she commented, a soft chuckle coming from Zann.

"It is always like this in Stygian Forest. Everything here is eerie, dark, and dangerous. If it is already this dark, imagine how darker it could be later in the evening."

When the twins heard this, their eyebrows furrowed as they felt their anxiety grow worse by the second.

"If it is this dark, don't the creatures that live here have the most advantage? I mean... they are more accustomed of the dark. If we find it difficult to see, then they probably already know where we are if we are around, don't you think?"

When Aranea said this, Zann nodded, still his attention focused on their front as he spoke.

"Yup. You're right."

"Jeez!" Aranea narrowed her eyes on the Fire Familiar's back, "You're awfully honest, huh? My twin sister and I are scared to our wits and you don't hesitate to say the truth."

Zann shrugged, "Why lie about these stuffs? Better to tell you everything I know about this place than lie and say that we are in the land of the butterflies," he replied, Aranea, scoffing as she rolled her eyes.

"Fine, Tsun-Tsun. You have a point."

Elenea cocked her head to the side, "Tsun-Tsun?"

"Yeah, Tsun-Tsun!" Aranea giggled, "It's a nickname I gave to Zann because he is a tsundere—tough on the outside, but softie on the inside!"

"Pfft!"

Hearing this remark, Leonel could not help but stifle his laugh, making Zann's ears read as a soft flush of red crossed his face, making him feel shy with the nickname Aranea has given him.

"Will you stop calling me that?"

"Why not? You're a real Tsun-Tsun. It fits you well!"

"It does not!"

"Oh, it does! You care for us—you just don't want to admit it!"

Elenea could not help but laugh as well as they conversed. Zann, however, did not like what he was hearing so he stopped in his tracks, turning his body to look at Aranea as he looked down on her condescendingly, his voice cold.

"Of course, I care for everyone at the moment because if we don't, then we will all fail—we will all die!"

Zann meant to scare her so Aranea could shut up. However, the Summoner was not affected by it as she scoffed, crossing her arms in front of her chest at the same time.

"Yeah, yeah, Tsun-Tsun. Stop dilly-dallying and just continue leading the way. You don't have to explain what you're feeling every time."

"Tsk!"

Zann did not want to retaliate. He just clicked his tongue as he turned his body, continuing to lead the way as the three behind him followed him on their way towards the waterfalls of Stygian Forest.

'This Summoner... how can she be this happy-go-lucky?'