Remainder of the Break

Soon when David started the audio tape I pulled out my sketch book and started doodling and after what felt like a hour he turns it off. The entire time Max, Nikki, and Neil looked very bored.

"Ooh, what are you drawing" Nikki asks as she runs over and plops on the seat next to me.

"There's Nothing to do!" Max yells. "Sure there is, you just got to explore nature and you'll find something fun to do Max" David tells him and Max groans in anger.

"That Aspen tree over there" I point with my pencil to the tree.
Suddenly David laughs a little. "What's so funny?" I ask him as I look up at him. "That's a birch tree" He tells me.

"You may be the 'camp expert' David, but if you look closely, that is clearly a aspen tree" I reply. He looks at it again, "oh, your right" he quietly says. His face looks a little red, but that's probably cause he was embarrassed.

"Wait, did David actually get a tree wrong?" Neil asks barely believing what just happened. "Wow" Nikki replies.

Suddenly Max got a smirk. "Wow, I guess it won't take long before (Y/n) takes your place as head councilor" He says while looking at David.

"W-what, no that can't happen" David stutters. "Actually it can, if Campbell realizes that she is better then you" Neil informs him.

David whimpers. "Trust me, I don't want to be the head councilor, and anyway after this summer I'm gonna have to get another job" I tell them as I go back to sketching. It went very quiet. When I look back up I see everyone's eyes are on me and Max looks angry and slightly upset.

"What?" I ask. "Oh, n-nothing" David replies as all except Max looks away. David starts messing with the fire.

For awhile after that it was quiet. After I got done drawing, I joined the others watching the fire quietly.

"Um, David... I have a question, there's five of us, but only two tents" Nikki points out. "Oh..." He replies. "I don't know about you three, but Max and I can share a tent, since we share one at the camp" Neil informs and Max just shrugs.

"Ok but what about us?" Nikki asks. "Well you can have the tent Nikki" I tell her and David looks at me confused.

"What about us?" He asks. "The car,  sure we would fit in the back" I suggest. "WHAT!" Max yells. Suddenly it starts drizzling.

"That's not good, we should probably put everything in the car, it looks like it's about to get bad out here" David tells us. We all start grabbing stuff, well all except for Max.

"(Y/n), do you think you can put this stuff in the car, since we'll need room for us to be comfortable" he asks and I started packing up the car. It starts raining alot worse. "You three get in the car, we can get the rest" I tell them.

They listen and I start helping David with the tents. "I got this, you can get in the car so you don't get sick" he says. "I'm fine, with me helping it'll get done quicker" I reply.

After a few minutes, and a few strong gusts of wind we finally got everything. When we get in the car we're drenched and cold but I try not to let it show. David tries to start the car but it won't start. "That's not good" he mumbles.

The wind and rain get a lot worse as branches starts breaking off the trees. A few hit the car before a giant one hits the hood and another one lands on the roof. The roof is slightly dented. All three of them look nervous.

Another one hit the hood and Makes the dent bigger. "Why don't you three come up here" David suggests and Nikki and Neil don't hesitate to quickly hop up, but Max is more hesitant but still comes up. There's barely any room up here. Neil is squished between David and Nikki, while Nikki is beside me and Max has no room. But he sits on my lap. "This Sucks" he complains. "I know but hopefully it will be over soon" I tell him.

I lost track of how much time passed, but the trio fell asleep. "Seems like I was wrong" I  mumble. David chuckles a little bit. "That seems to be a slight understatement" he quietly replies. Max turns in his sleep and hugs me .

" I think this is the first time I seen him look relaxed" David said in awe. "Really?" I ask. He just nods

I would've thought he would be happier here then at our parents house

I decide to try to sleep since the storm doesn't seem to be stopping.

*Timeskip to the morning*

I wake up to the sound of talking and the car starting.

"Finally" Neil says happily. "What time is it?" I look outside and it's bright out. "I never thought I'd say this, but let's get back to the camp" Max says.

It was a quiet ride back and when we finally get there I walk to the cabin with my stuff and plop down before going back to sleep ignoring Gwen's questions.