David Gets Hard?

The sound of a girly scream wakes me up, I wonder what happened to David now

It looks like it's around noonish so I decide to get up for the day. When I walk around the camp, I see the majority of the campers, except for Max and Nurf. Also I don't see David or Gwen. That can't be good...

I hear talking from the mess hall so I go over and I reach for the door.

"Oh no! Rule One: No backing down! Look out, world! I'm hard and I'm coming! Whether he likes it or not, Nurf is gonna let me in!" Before I can open the door David kicks it open. "Owie, oh good morning (Y/n)" he says as he walks past me.

"Soo.. does he want to help Nurf or Fuck him?" Max asks. "What the hell is going on?" I ask as I walk in with them. "It's Nurf's camp today, which is Boot Camp so Max wants to try to teach David how to be tough, or how he phrased it 'how to be hard' which should explain it" Gwen answers sounding annoyed.

"I'm gonna go see how this turns out"  Max walks out of the room. "Welp, I think I'm gonna go help out the other campers" I tell Gwen as I walk out. I see Nurf walk into Nikki and Neil knocking them down.

"Oops! Didn't see ya there! Just kidding, I was fully aware of the situation. I'm just acting out for attention. That being said, I do think I need corrective lenses. My mom just won't take me" Nurf tells them as he walks away but David called him, so he went over to him.

I walk over to Nikki and Neil. "You two okay?" I ask them as I help them up. "Yeah, I wouldn't be a science aficionado if I didn't get shoved regularly" Neil replies as he dusts himself off.

"And I've fallen out of trees before, so this is nothing" Nikki says with a smile. "Alright, I guess I'll let you two get back to whatever it was you were do.." I get cut off by most of the campers freaking out.

Nurf is chasing them around with a knife. He has Nerris cornered. "Y-you shall not pass" she fearfully says as she holds her wooden sword up to protect herself.

"Nurf! Put the knife down!" I yell at him as I run infront of Nerris protectively.

"No! I'm done talking! My emotions can only be expressed through sadistic tendencies" he says as he thrusts the knife towards me. I put my arm out to shield myself, I know, it wasn't a smart move but its something.

"Wait, Nurf! Stop! I don't want to talk! Or shout, or any of that! I just want to give you a hug! Come here, little guy!" David yells at him as he runs over to us.

Suddenly he trips on a twig and falls, and when he's falling his hand manages to hit Nurf on the cheek. Literally we all gasp worried about whats going to happen, and Nurf looks like he's in shock.

  "Oh my gosh! Nurf! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" David panics as he stands up and checks to make sure Nurf is fine. While Nurf has his hand on his cheek, which is already very red.

"Woah... That... really hurt... Jeez, I can't believe I've been subjecting people to physical violence like this. I feel kind of bad about my behavior" Nurf sounds like he feels bad. "What?" Me and David asks.

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna go sit down in my tent and... think about what I did today. Sorry, everybody, and I'm sorry (Y/n)" he says as he starts walking away.

"Wow, I guess you did it?" Gwen says in disbelief. "But I didn't..." He starts panicking "hey David, thanks for everything" Nurf interrupts him.

"No! Wait! We need to talk about this! This is NOT ok!" David exclaims. When all this is going on Gwen comes over and wraps up my arm, I was to focused on what was going on to notice though.

"Nah, man, I'm good. I'm gonna tell everyone about how you helped me today. Goodbye, friends" Nurf finally walks off towards his tent.

"Well. I guess it turns out at the end of the day... sometimes you just gotta hit kids!  " Max says shocked, I can't tell if he's being honest or trying to mess with David though. Max walks away, I'm guessing to find Neil and Nikki. While David is starring at his hand contemplating what happened.

"Your all patched up" Gwen tells me. My arm is wrapped tight, a little bit of blood is showing from the gauze, but not much. "Oh thanks" I smile at her.

She gives a little nod in response before walking to put the first aid kit back. Out of nowhere Nerris hugs me. "T-thank you for saving me Rogue (Y/n)" she says before she runs off.

"Rogue?" I question. David is still staring at his hand. "I wouldn't worry about it too much David, after all, you technically saved the camp" I try to snap him out of his little daze

"What?" He quietly ask as he finally stops looking at his hand. "Well I'm pretty sure Nurf was gonna try to kill every person here, I mean, I personally wouldn't suggest running around and slapping children, but in this case it seemed to save a lot of lives" I reply.

"I guess" he doesn't quite sound like he believes himself. "Anyway, I don't really think there's anything I can say to get you to believe me, but trust me, just in the time span that I been here, alot more worse things have happened" he looks to be a little bit better.

"Thanks for 'rescuing' me David, I guess your a hero today, well, I'm going to check on everyone" I give him a quick kiss on the cheek before walking away.

I see Gwen smirking at me. "Shut up" I mumble as I walk past her and she just starts laughing before running over to walk with me. "Soo (Y/n), what was that about?" She still has that smirk.

"It was a simple thanks for stopping Nurf from stabbing me" I reply still walking. "Sure it was" she retorts. "What exactly happened on your little break, other then the trio intruding?" She asks. "There was a horrible storm so we all slept in the campmobile" I inform her.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your adult talk, but Nerris's castle is falling apart and Preston is freaking out
cause he can't find motivation for a new performance" a quiet voice says. Surprisingly it was Harrison.

Gwen groans "alright Harrison, thanks for letting us know, you can go back to your magic"  he runs off.

"Since your arms injured and I really do not want to deal with Preston, I'll help Nerris" she starts walking towards Nerris's castle.b"oh and BTDubs, we are definitely continuing this conversation" she adds.

I walk towards the stage before I hear the little tantrum that Preston is having. "No, No, No, No, No! That's not right!" He yells. "Calm down, what's wrong?" I ask as I sit on the stage as he is at his little desk with his typewriter and wearing his glasses.

"What's wrong!?! Everything! I don't know what story to write, nothing sounds right!" He yells. "Ok, are you trying to make a new story or are you trying to make sequels to already made plays?" I ask.

He mumbles something, but I couldn't quite hear him. "What was that?" He grumpily looked at me. "Sequels".

"Then that's your problem" I reply. "Problem? What problem?" He asks. "You can try all you want to make sequels but it will never quite seem like it makes sense since you don't know what the original writer was going through or feeling" I tell him.

"But they are perfect! How am I supposed to make a story?!" He yells. I understand why Gwen decided to help Nerris.

"Well for starters does the great Preston Goodplay want to share his fame with other writers?" He looks confused. I sigh "if you use characters from other plays, then you have to give the original writer credit, but with your own play, all eyes would be on your story, your characters, and Your masterpiece" I add emphasis or 'your'.

His eyes suddenly gets a sparkle, and he's currently in a daze. "Well, it's getting late, you should probably start packing up your stuff, and I can't wait to see what you come up with" I smile at him and lightly ruffle his hair, and surprisingly he doesn't seem to mind.

Now I just have to get to the cabin before Gwen so I don't have to deal with her questions

I run to the cabin, but I was too late, Gwen is already waiting for me on her chair with that smirk of hers, that she been giving me alot lately.

This is going to be a long night...