The Order of the Sparrow

I wake up earlier then I want to, but I know that if I go back to bed, there is no way in hell I'm gonna wanna wake up when it's times for camp activities, so as much as I hate myself for it, I get dressed for the day.

I think I'm gonna let Gwen sleep...

I get out my sketch book as quietly as I can and start drawing  a water lily. I don't know how long it's been but it's almost done, I just got to shade it in. I grab my blending sticks but before I start there's a quiet knock on the door.

When I open the door David is there dressed like an Indian? "Good morning (Y/n), I'm sorry if I woke you up, I was going to start getting ready for the day, and I was hoping I could get your help?" He says quietly.

"Sure, I guess I can help you out" I reply as I shut the door quietly so I don't wake up Gwen. "Thanks!" He quietly exclaims. He walks me to the fire pit I made a few weeks ago.

"To teach the kids how wonderful camping can be I was going to have a test of kindness and if they all do well, I wanted to have a bonfire" he informs me. "I don't know David, are you sure that's a good idea?" I ask.

There is no way that this is going to end well...

"Yeah, once they see the beauty of nature, they'll definitely like camping" He smiles. "Alright, just, try not to get your hopes up to high" I tell him. I'm worried that when his plan fails, which it's bound to, that it will crush him, and I really don't like seeing him upset...

"I promise, oh it's time to get the campers up, can you wake up Gwen and tell her to put this on, and if it's not to much trouble, can you also put some on?" He asks with a small shy smile bas he hands me red face paint and a few feathers. "Alright, good luck waking them up, I'm sure they'll love waking up this early" I tell him sarcastically. We both go our separate ways.

I can get revenge for how she woke me up yesterday

I decide to kick the door open. "Gwen! I need you to get up! I need your help with something!" I yell sounding panicked.

I guess I scared her since she fell out of her bed and quickly sat up.  "What's wrong!?! Is the camp on fire? Are we out of a job?!?" She yells. "Nope, I need you to get dressed and to put thin on, today is apparently order of the Sparrow" I tell trying to give a innocent looking smile. "your a fucking jerk" she replies as she grabs a feather and puts two lines of the face paint on as I do the same. When we're done  walk to where David and Quartermaster are.

"Why the hell are we up this early?" Max asks Nikki and Neil but before they can answer a flaming arrow is shot at the fire pit in front of them.

"Camp Campbell Campers, Hau" David says. "Why" Max asks as he pinches the bridge of his nose. "I am sure you must be wondering who we are, but have no fear I.." David starts saying but max interrupts him. "David, what the fuck are you doing?" He asks annoyed.

"I am not David, though if he were here I'm sure he would tell you mind your language, I am Chief Squatting Bear" David says as he stands proud. "Oh that's awesome" Space kid says as he walks a little closer but Neil pushes him and he lands face first into the ground.

"Gwen, Why is David dressed like a turkey?" Nikki asks. Gwen now pinches her nose before answering. "Because he's fucking David Nikki, you've been here long enough to figure that out".

David leans over to her. "Gwen, don't break character" he whispers. "And I'm not a Turkey, I'm an Indian Chief" He informs them. "Like Max?" Neil asks as Max looks over at him questionably.

"What? No like the Cherokees, you know" he says before he does the kinda racist hand over mouth war cry. "Wow that is racist" Max says. "Seriously, are you offended?" Neil asks him before another flaming arrow is shot in front of their feet. "Silence! Do your thing" he grumbles to David.