The Gift

Do I like David cause he looks like Daniel...

I had problems sleeping all night cause of that fucking thought

Why did Daniel have to come here and ruin everything

"Alright, you've been tossing and turning all night, what the fuck is wrong?" A very tired Gwen asks. "Sorry if I kept you awake, I just was caught up in thoughts" I apologize.

"Is it about that fucking weirdo that was here yesterday?" She asks. "Kinda" I answer.

"Figures" she replies. "Wait a minute, is that why you tried to get me to leave yesterday, or why you wanted me to stay in the cabin?" I ask.

"Yeah, I saw his picture when you were drawing, and when I seen him here I figured it would be easier" she answers honestly as she sits up on her bed. "Oh".

"So why's that asshole you your mind" She questions. "Do you think it's possible that I like David cause he looks like Daniel?" I hesitantly ask her.

"Possibly" she answers nonchalantly. "What?!" I ask slightly panicked.

Shit, should I stop hanging out with David and just worry about my job

I guess Gwen can sense my panicked state, not that it's difficult, a blind person could probably see it.

"Damn, calm down (Y/n), according to research its not unusual for people to feel attraction to someone who reminds them of their ex, either by how they act, or how they look" she answers. I honestly don't know what to say.

"But, it doesn't necessarily mean that what happened in your case" She finishes. "What should I do?" I ask. "How the fuck should I know?" The replies.

"Look, we have to get ready for the day, so I suggest you get your mind off of that for now, especially since the campers are receiving gifts from their parents today" she Informs me as she leaves the cabin. "Great" I mumble before I too leave the cabin.

Quartermaster walks past me pushing a cart with boxes and packages on it. "Need Help QM?" I ask. "Sure" he grumbles as he keeps walking. I follow him into the mess hall and give the packages to who they're supposed to go to.

"Excelsior! The new expansion" Nerris exclaims while holding up a pack of cards.

"Aw mom, you always manage to give me the best gifts... even from jail" Nurf says happily as he gets a knife.

"Hey max!" I yell to him to get him to look over. When he does I toss his to him, which to be honest is kinda surprising that they even thought of him. He catches it and when he opens it l, it's a blue hoodie like the one he already has.

"Well, they know what I like" he says before he throws it to the side.

"Your gonna need to sign for this" Quartermaster tells Neil. He squeals in delight as he gets his package before running off to do whatever it is Neil does.

"A few more to go" Quartermaster master says as we keep handing out the gifts.

Nikki gets bandages, Preston gets new theater shoes, Erid gets a new skateboard, and Dolf receives art supplies. Harrison didn't get anything though. He doesn't seem to surprised about it though.

When that's all done Nikki runs in dragging Max with her. "Hey (Y/n), want to help us look for Sasquatch, Max says it's just that homeless guy from town with the weird face, but I know better" Nikki asks excitedly. "I'm sorry guys but I gotta stay here and help out today. "Oh alright, we'll go check the traps and let you know if we got anything" Nikki says before she runs off again.