•number twenty-five•

Slightly mature chickens xx

Athena's gaze remained locked ahead. Her heart empty. There were so much she wanted to say. She just knew that she was on the cusp of falling into a dark place all over again and she didn't want Octavius to see her like this. 

Because when she got like this. She was destructive.

She lay awake staring at the pale white ceiling of the room she were in when she woke up from her coma. Although the beep of the machine was right next to her, it sounded so distant. Blinking away tears that appeared she turned her head to see Octavius laying his head on the bed, his soft snores made her smile slightly.

They sounded like music to her ears and oh how she missed him so much. She thought she would never hear his voice again.

Grabbing his hand, she allowed herself to close her eyes and fall asleep, with a small part of her praying she wouldn't wake up.

-

Athena had stirred awake after she felt movement from underneath her. Her eyes slowly fluttered open in disappointment from being awake as she focused on Octavius trying not to disturb her sleep.

Too late.

"Where are u going" her voice came out harsh, rough.

"I was just going to make a few phone calls my love, do you need anything" he smiled softly.

She thought for a second but later shook her head softly.

Octavius couldn't ignore the sadness in her eyes. So instead of making the phone calls he stayed.

"Talk to me" he whispered. He didn't care what they talked about he just wanted her to talk, just to say something.

Anything.

"You should leave, like leave. Go home, leave me." Tears fell down her soft bruised cheek as she avoided eye contact.

"Not in a million years Athena" he grabbed her hand and kissed it.

"I'm serious, leave me, love someone else, I don't deserve your time" her heart was bruised, broken.

"Athena, my love, look at me" his fingers tucked some loose hair behind her ear ever so gently.

She kept quiet so he continued, "Athena, falling in love is almost a metaphor to the inevitable aftermath that occurs.

Just like when u fall off your bike as a child, you experience pain like no other. The agony remains, and for a while the skin is to be untouched, the same way the name of who you loved is to be avoided.

And alike to how your scar begins to scab, your heart begins to heal. You will do this several times over, the falling and overcoming, until one day, you won't fall of your bike. It'll be perfect, and in the same respect, one day you will be so in love that you'll never fall again."

Athena looked up at her husband, he looked at her with such purpose and love.

"I don't know why bad things happen to good people but that's just the way things are, and I love you, you are my reason. I have fallen and I will never leave you" tears clouded his vision but he refused to let them fall as he blinked them away.

Athena was speechless. He tugged at the strings of her heart, no man had ever sounded so beautiful as he did. Neither spoke, no were words needed to be said.

She nodded her head and she hugged him tight.

"I want to get out of here" she whispered.

He nodded, "let's go then"

"Let's go on our honeymoon." She smiled.

"Are you sure? We can wait a bit, there's no rush" he said helping her stand.

She stubbled a bit but caught herself.

She grabbed his face and kissed him.

She kissed him with purpose, and so much emotion she almost started crying again. Wrapping her arms around his neck, the fire that burned deep inside her roared.

She wanted him, so badly.

Desire fuelled her intentions as she lifted his shirt over his head.

"Are you sure" Octavius pulled away, not even inches away from her face as he breathed heavily.

"I don't want you to get hurt" he whispered.

"I don't care" she breathed back and kissed him again.

Octavius slowly lead her to the edge of the bed, the back of her thighs hitting the soft comforter.

Athena pulled away from the kiss and lifted her arms up like a kid, making Octavius smile.

He grabbed the gown in his hands and slowly pulled it up, drinking in the sight of the gorgeous body he had come to love so much.

Lifting it over her head and discarding it across the room, he looked back and analysed the bruises and cuts that's covered her once flawless skin.

He traced his fingers over her neck and across her collarbone and down across her shoulder.

He then kissed her again, and lifted her gently on to the bed, and then climbed on top of her.

They stayed there, kissing for a bit, soaking in the warmth and love they gave to each other.

"I need you" Athena whispered shakily after a while.

Octavius nodded, his movements were soft and gentle as he thrust himself inside her, scared to hurt her.

They both took a sharp breath in.

Nothing would ever feel like this, in any situation. This was the first time they were intimate since being through something so traumatic, and oddly enough everything in the moment, was perfect.

They made love slowly, and it was exactly what they needed.

He intertwined their hands, as he rested his forehead against her own.

They looked into each other's eyes and he just knew that he was going to love her forever. Even beyond death. Even in another lifetime, he knew that they would find each other because a love like this never fades.

Over the top of her breathless moans, he stopped his movements and stated, "I think we should have another wedding, so that we get the night we deserve"

He waited for her reply as she grinned.

Her smile stretched from ear to ear, showing her pearly whites.

"Okay" she whispered kissing him again.

Everything was content.

A/N

Hey bitches. Long time no see. I had surgery and I'm depressed so I'm writing again. My keyboard is fucked up as well it's going bonkers but I'll make do.

I rlly liked writing this chapter. Hope u liked.

Love you guys, stay safe <3