•number twenty-two•

1 week.

1 week had passed and Octavius, as well as everyone else were getting restless.

they knew they had limited time. the clock was ticking and they all knew that when the warring mafia got what they wanted out of her, they'd discard of her.

it was like walking on eggshells when you were around Octavius.

he'd become sleep deprived, refusing to close his eyes for even a second just in case they found her.

he longed to be with his wife.

his wife.

the woman he hadn't even said 'i love you' yet.

he wanted to say it so badly.

because even the god above knew what they had was love.

and he came to understand that when you love someone you won't stop ever.
because knowing that there is someone there, who gets you, who forgives you, who accepts you for who you are is a gift.

and he wasn't going to take advantage of that gift. not now. not ever.

it's been 1 week.

there were a few leads but they were all dead in the end.

everyone was working overtime, trying to pinpoint where the Spanish mafia's next trades were to track them back to a compound that would hopefully lead to Athena.

Athena, in the meanwhile wasn't having the best of times.

"such a naive little slut" a man, who Athena eventually learned was the leader of the Spanish mafia entered the room and stalked towards her beaten body that was restrained against the chair.

she managed to bring her head up and looked through her hooded lashes, fighting the urge to throw up due to the gag in her mouth.

"you've done nothing but taunt my men. my family. killing us at drug busts, you've almost dragged us under, but now, i have you" he started laughing.

"and i have you good. you'll never see ur precious love" he continued to laugh.

she let a tear trail down her cheek.

Octavius

she thought.

for a second, one tiny second, she forgot about the reality she was in. for just one tiny moment, she allowed herself to fall back into the memory of her love. how they were happy and content walking down the isle, how the moments they shared before the wedding bought them closer. just for a moment she allowed herself to grieve.
to grieve over the fact that she'd never see him again.
to grieve over the fact that the life she spent building, would just crumble down.
to grieve over the fact that she let herself become week.

Athena was snapped back into reality when his fist collided into her cheek.

"have your way with her" he stated to the other men that were in the room that Athena had failed to notice.

she watched his retrieving figure, and when that door closed, all hell broke loose.

four, maybe five guys pounced on her. the room was filled with her shrieks and heartbreaking screams.

after a couple minutes of torture, of screaming for everyone and everything, she stopped.

she stopped struggling and succumbed to her inevitable fate.

as the men abused her, in ways that made her sick, she stopped.

she became numb.

she never really knew what was certain about her future anymore. but if there were one thing she knew now, it was that if she were to survive this, she would never ever be the same.

-

A/N

sorry for the short chapter, i wanted to get something published.

just give me a minute...

11k omg fuck me sideways and call me sally that's so unreal, and just to think a few months ago i was gonna unpublish this story

lol

i love u all xo