Saving Amity

Monday 2:00 pm

Luz's POV

I felt relieved to hear that we found a sign of where Amity could be at. Not only that but we found the exact location of where she could be. I felt a second emotion of anger and I had the urge to hurt those men who had taken Amity hostage. I didn't feel like waiting any longer and just wanting to barge right in.

"I'll give you a boost up, Firelight," Eda began calling me by my hero name.

I nodded and climbed the large dumpsters gently to prevent noises. Eda went on top and proceeded to connect her hands to push me up on the roof. I set my foot on Eda's hands to indicate that I was ready to be tossed and there I was standing at the first floor on the actual rooftop. I held out my hand for Eda to grab and pulled her up with my strength next to me.

"Thanks kid. Now let's crawl and check through the windows to see the layout of the building from the inside," The Owl Lady whispered.

I nodded and crawled to the other side of the window so both Eda and I could get a good view of the inside. The entire place didn't have any sections that were divided. There were stairs that lead to the second floor and there may be an opening from the second roof. The inside was all spacious with no rooms involved. I didn't care about all of that because there were four people in total who were wearing capes and huge masks on their face although you were able to see their eyes. Sitting in the middle of the first floor was Amity with her school uniform on. She was tied up with a rope from her legs to her upper body. The green haired mage appeared to be asleep from the looks of her heading hanging down and not moving an inch.

"She's in there Owl Lady," I whispered with a saddened voice.

"I know, kid. I really hope they didn't harm her at all."

"What should we do now?"

"I say screw it and attack them. I'll take three of them while you knock out the other and get Amity out of this horrid place," Eda said.

"Are you sure that you can take down three of them? Who knows what we're going up against?"

"Damn it, you're right. We'll focus on those guys and until we're able to stop using our magic, we'll grab Amity and get the hell out of here."

"Let's jump down through the window and go after them right away," I urged.

"You got it, Firelight. Just be careful because who knows what weapons or spells they have in their sleeves."

"I will. On a count of three. One. Two. THREE!"

My partner and I jumped through the windows, making it shatter, and land onto the ground. I activated my magic and I felt pumped to fight those who took Amity as a hostage.

"What the hell was that?!" the four criminals turned around in our direction.

"Your worst nightmare," my eyes glowed.

"Crash Wave!" water came out of Eda's hands that created a giant wave.

She managed to prevent her spell from going at Amity and was able to hit the four mages. They weren't completely knocked out but it did swipe them off their feet.

"Ha! Is that all you got, Owl Lady? I'll show you what true magic looks like," the guy behind the mask got up and his eyes began to glow a dark red.

'This can't be good.'

"Red shadow!"

Suddenly, he disappeared into the ground. I never heard of this spell before so I wasn't ready to figure out which spells to use in my defense. Eda somehow knew what to do when a red shadow person began fighting her. It was a fist to fist battle but I turned away from the situation just to be punched on the right side of my face and forehead. I stumbled back and slightly affected myself, though my mask kept my face from becoming bruised.