Preparations and Confessions

Wednesday 8:10 am

Luz's POV

"Good morning Hexside students! This is Principal Bump speaking. Our first announcement will be about winter formal coming up in two and a half weeks before we have our three weeks of winter break. The theme of the dance will be Winter Wonderland. So go ahead and ask that special someone to go out with you to the dance. Now our second announcement is exams coming up before the winter dance. I've sent emails and flyers of the new schedule for the exams. Make sure you're studying, sleeping well, and eating enough meals. That is all for the announcements and have a wonderful day."

"There's going to be a dance coming up?"

"Yup. We have it every year in the month of December for grades ninth through eleventh," Eda clarified.

"What about the seniors?"

"They have prom that will come up between the end of April to May. Plus they have already been to winter formal when they were freshmans, sophomores, and juniors. I'm guessing this will be your first dance, am I correct?"

"Sadly, yes."

"Well don't worry kid. This will be amazing. I'll be a chaperone at the dance with Lily."

"That's great! I'm looking forward to my first dance," I felt giddy.

"You'll enjoy it. You think your friends will go?"

"They will. I'm sure they wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to go to a dance."

"Good to hear that. Now then, let's focus on the lesson that I have for you."

Eda used a marker to write on the board to begin class. As she was writing, I was figuring out if any of my friends would ask out someone to the dance. Boscha most likely would ask Willow. Amelia might be with Cat. Skara has a crush on someone so maybe she or her mysterious crush might ask each other. Gus, Jessica, and Amity are left and neither of them have confirmed that they have a crush on someone. Maybe somebody will ask them to be their date for winter formal. I would love to be Amity's date but if she prefers to be with someone else, then I'll support her one hundred percent.

Timeskip

It was the end of third period and lunch had just begun. There were posters about the dance around the school walls. I haven't discussed anything with my friends if they are planning to bring someone with them to winter formal. Soon I'll ask them when it gets closer to the day of the dance.

"There you guys are. What took you so long and where did you get that cupcake from?" I looked at Willow and Boscha.

"I told Willow to wait for me in the locker room as you guys were out here. Also I stole a cupcake from someone to give to Willow as a gift," Boscha answered.

"Yeah and you shouldn't have. What if they end up reporting you?"

"Eh don't worry about me. I made sure I showed them who's the boss around here. Plus it's your birthday."

"I appreciate it Boscha, but next time I don't want you to do such a thing like this alright?"

"Yeah yeah, fine. I'll do whatever you want."

"Good. Now I need to stop by one of my classes for a bit. I'll meet you guys at the lunch table," Willow started eating the cupcake as she went separate ways.

Jessica folded her arms and asked Boscha, "So you're going to confess to her, right?"

"Yes I will. Since her dads invited us over to eat at a restaurant for her birthday, I'm planning to tell her about my feelings when we're alone together."