Love and Pain

Saturday 10:00 am

Luz's POV

"You and Amity are together?!"

"We are," I blushed.

"Excuse me as I go to Eda's room and do my happy dance," I watched as my mother quickly walked to my mentor's room and shut the door.

I laughed at how silly my mom was acting when I told her that Amity and I are a couple. At least she's happy with my new relationship.

"Okay, I am good. I'm so proud of you mija. My baby has her first girlfriend and the best girlfriend I approve of," my mom reached over to give me a quick hug and rubbed my back.

"Thanks mama. I couldn't be any more happier now that Amity feels the same way as me."

"I know she'll make you happy as each day passes. She's a perfect fit for you."

"Heh, Amity is. Anyways, I should check up on her and see if she's still awake."

"You go ahead and do that. I'll begin making breakfast for us."

"Okay," I went to the extra bedroom that Eda had and noticed that Amity was still sleeping on the bed.

My mom and I needed to wait until tomorrow for our house to be fully built and back to what it was originally. Because of the results from yesterday, we decided to stay with Eda since her house was in perfectly good shape. Amity texted her siblings that she's okay and will be staying over with us until later today in the afternoon.

I strolled over to Amity's side and sat down by her. She looked so peaceful and adorable while sleeping. I stroked Amity's hair and gave her a peck on the head. It was a bad idea now that she was starting to stir around. My girlfriend opened her eyes slightly to see me next to her.

"Sorry, Am. I woke you up, didn't I?"

"Sort of but that's okay. At least I get to wake up to you in front of me," Amity said with her sleepy voice.

"Flirting already aren't ya?"

"Heh yes. What time is it?"

"It's past ten o'clock," I answered.

"How come you didn't wake me up earlier?"

"Because you look cute when you're sleeping and there was no way I would wake you up. Not after what happened at midnight."

"You and your sweet reasons. You should be the one resting from all the fighting you put up."

"I'm fine really. In a couple of minutes I'll be working out for a bit. I see Eda has placed a new pull up bar on the door frame that I want to test out. My mom is making breakfast and Eda is still knocked out by the way."

"Oh then let me get out of bed and help your mom."

"You know she already adores you right?"

"She does? I guess I've been making great impressions without even trying."

I hugged Amity from behind and rested my chin on her shoulder.

"You don't need to make any impressions to have my mom like you. Just be yourself and that'll be enough for her," I kissed her cheek before letting my girlfriend go.