New Year's Day Battle

Friday 11:45 pm

Belos's POV

"You'll be in charge of your team, Joker. Make sure you and the team go through with the plan of destroying buildings that come across your path. Kikimora will borrow my magic to help manipulate the victims once we wake them up at exactly midnight. Keep an eye on the clock so you won't miss a second of your time to cause destruction in Bonesborough," I explained the plan once more.

"Got it boss. If Firelight and The Owl Lady appear, we'll make sure to take them down."

"Good. I'll have our hostages help you guys out with ruining the city. The heroes won't have a chance to save their precious town and soon, victory will be ours."

"We won't let you down sir," Joker bowed down to me before gathering his friends to prepare.

"Belos, everything is ready for you," Kikimora went near me.

"You stole the magic ability to carry our minions, correct?"

"Yes sir."

"We only have about thirteen minutes left before it becomes a new year. It's time we should head outside and go to our designated spot. Do you believe there will be a lot of people outside celebrating? I don't want them to notice us."

"There may be some people but if the others just left, then it appears there's not a problem going outside without being noticed."

"Right. Let's bring out the victims. We're finally making a big move on Firelight and The Owl Lady. New year, new us."

--------------------------------------------

Narrator's POV

"Luz! Can you bring the confetti poppers please? We have ten minutes left."

"Yes mama."

"Thank you mija."

Luz jogged to the kitchen to retrieve a package of confetti poppers for everyone at the house to use when it struck midnight. Amity, Eda, Camila, and Luz were the only ones in the Noceda's house who were celebrating New Year's. Luz invited the Blights over but Edric and Emira decided to stay at their mansion and Amity chose to come over.

"I have them right here," Luz set the box down as her mother opened it.

"This year went by rather quickly," Eda said.

"It did. Honestly, it feels like we're still halfway through the year," Amity added.

"Even though the feeling is there, I'm just excited and looking forward to a new year. We'll be starting off fresh, have lots of fun and adventures, and just enjoy each other's company," Luz smiled.

"I agree. I'm thankful that everyone that I know and care about in my life are wonderful and loving people," Eda pulled everyone in a side hug.

"We're thankful for you too, mi amor," Camila gave Eda a kiss on the cheek before turning her head to the TV.

"Reporting live on BBN news. This is Terry Porter speaking here. We only have exactly one minute left for a new year to come around. It may be raining but it won't stop us from what's about to come. What we have here is Bonesborough's clock tower that we'll be watching all together. Get ready everyone. It's almost time to begin our celebration."

"Everyone got confetti poppers, correct?"

"Yes we do mom," Luz answered.

"And I got the cannon confetti," Eda wiggled a long stick.