Guilt

Wednesday 10:15 am

Hunter's POV

Bzzt bzzt. Bzzt bzzt. Bzzt bzzt.

"Mmmfffp," I opened my eyes slowly to hear the sound of my phone vibrating.

I grabbed it from my nightstand to see my alarm going off.

"Why do I have my alarm on?" I muttered to myself.

My eyes widened when I realized that I was going to see Luz perform at her school.

"Oh shit! I'm late!"

I sat up and got off my bed before tripping on my clothes that were left on the floor. I quickly put on a casual outfit, fixed my hair, and ran out of my bedroom.

As I was about to open the front door I heard someone say, "Hunter? Where are you going and why in such a hurry?"

I turned to see Steve staring at me confusingly.

"Morning Steve. I uh need to do something urgent so that's why I'm in a rush right now."

"Can I come?"

"NO! Er, sorry no. I don't want you to hold me back. I gotta go," I turned away and opened the door, sprinting my way out.

"I should search up Luz's school before I make a guess of where I'm going."

I went through my phone to find my GPS and searched up Hexside. From where I'm at, it's only a ten minute walking distance. That time will be cut in half if I start running. I hope I didn't miss Luz doing whatever the stupid Magic Games has her do. It would be pointless of me to go.

--------------------------------------------

10:30 am

Mattholomule's POV

Two ranked students are battling each other to win for their team. That is me going against Tyler from St. Epiderm which we are both ranked number one. It's all about skills, attacks, defense, and speed. Neither schools have officially won a battle. The seniors from team Epiderm and Hexside fought in a duel but ended in a draw. Now it's either up to Tyler or I to actually win a duel and points for our team. My opponent doesn't seem that nice. His eyes scream aggressive and competitive. Heh, I like to have a little battle with someone who's competitive.

"It's Tyler versus Mattholomule. Remember you both have fifteen minutes to battle. Let the match begin!!!"

I heard the horn go off and from the corner of my eye, Principal Bump stepped away from the field and was protected by his own barrier along with the crowd watching us. I activated my magic and let it flow throughout my body. My magic types are earth and steel.

"Let's get this done and over with," Tyler was the first to make a move.

He came at me with full speed across the field. I took my stance and finally casted a spell.

"Second layer steel armor!"

I felt myself become heavy but I was already used to the weight from previous times I've used this spell before. It looked like Tyler was about to strike on me so I got ready to dodge. Too bad that I'm starting off horribly. Instead of him landing a hit, Tyler ended up taking a knee down and slamming a hand on the grass.

"Water carrier!"

I was lifted away from the ground with the force of water coming up underneath me. The amount of force was so strong that it slammed me swiftly back to the hard surface with my back laying down. Water was being shoved onto my face and upper body which felt like being slapped hard over and over. It stopped after a couple of seconds and I began choking because of all the water that went through my mouth and nose.