Dinner and Summer Beach

Luz's POV

Nothing is more awesome than summer break. I no longer need to worry about school for two months. I can just worry about assisting anyone around the city. My other concern is tracking down Belos and his gang with Eda as my partner.  There's no clue of what he looks like underneath the clothing and mask he wears. Same goes for Hunter's friends as they wear the same thing Hunter is wearing. If Eda and I were to have time away from the city, we would find our number one enemy.

The crime rate here at Bonesborough are beginning to go low. I was pretty happy to hear that from a police officer. We're doing a great job of keeping this city safe. Onto the other side of my life of just being a normal mage, my friends and I made plans to hang out. Amity and I would go on dates that she and I decided together. My mom would sometimes invite her over for dinner. They both got closer as days went by and it made me happier than ever. After the last day of school, I went to Emira and Edric's graduation ceremony. Amity was nowhere found when I arrived, but I did text her to tell the twins 'congratulations' as I left once it was over.

Hunter and I have met up with each other a couple of times to just communicate and do mini duels. We talked about what's going on with our lives and if we were planning to do anything in the future. Sometimes our conversations would end up mentioning Belos. I felt bad for Hunter as it felt like he was caged up and wasn't able to escape from Belo's grasp. That is why I'm trying everything I can to search for him as well as the law enforcement to help me.

Tuesday 6:00 pm

"Well, if it isn't blondie. You came back from the dead or what?" Eda sarcastically asked.

I invited Hunter over to relax with us as Eda and I were at the park sitting on a bench. We had taken a break from our hero duty just for today. My mom had today off from work, so she was preparing dinner for us.

"Ha ha ha, very funny. I was busy being trapped inside my place for a bit. I had business to do from Belos. It was such a pain but I'm glad I got it done and over with," Hunter folded his arms.

"Y'know, why don't you just run away and go into hiding?"

"That's a great question Owl Lady. The thing is, I can't. I have nowhere to stay and besides, Belos will find a way to catch me. I've already snuck out many times and I can't raise any more suspicions than I already have."

"Valid answer. Though, you can just stay with me. I do need a dog sitter to take care of my baby."

"What? You have a dog?"

"Yes she does and he is the cutest thing ever," I smiled widely thinking about King.

"I'll pass on that."

"Whatever you say blondie."

"Hey I have an idea," a plan popped up in my head.

"What is it kid?"

"Well it's not an idea really but an invitation actually. What if you come with us to see my mom and meet her."

"What!? Are you insane? I can't just magically appear at your house and meet your mom as if you and I have been friends for years."

"Well you're no fun. My future wife is the bestest woman I've ever had in my entire life."

"You're dating Luz's mom?!"

"Oh right I forgot you don't know about our relationship."

I giggled at Hunter's reaction and the fact that Eda forgot to announce him the news of her dating my mom. This will definitely be interesting.