Behind the Mask

Saturday 12:30 am

Luz's POV

"Shit," I placed my hand on my stomach from an eight inch cut that I received as well as my arm.

Joker used shadow claw to hand on hand combat me and ended up slicing my stomach and left arm. It was painful every time I moved my body around but not as bad with my arm.

"Had enough yet? I'm pretty sure you're getting tired from all the fighting we've done," Joker mocked.

"Heh. Yeah right. I won't stop fighting until both of you are defeated. Owl Lady and I did it once and we'll do it again."

"What makes you think you can stop us this time?"

"It's a secret."

"Well it won't be a secret by the time I knock you out," King summoned two cylinder shaped rocks from his hands heading in my direction.

If I stood there and didn't do anything, I'd be crushed. Too bad I'll be doing that with the use of my magic.

"Lightning body!"

My entire body was covered in lightning that I can maneuver in any route that I want it to go with high speed and strength. While activating my magic, my lightning split into two lightning bolts to strike each of the cylinder rocks. I concentrated and allowed the lightning bolts to destroy the rocks with high voltage. It struck in the middle and caused it to crack and burst to little pieces. I felt liquid trickle down below my stomach and on my left arm. Blood was slowly coming out of my cuts because I used magic. If anyone is harmed and uses magic, it makes their injuries worse.

It looks like I wasn't the only one who got affected by my magic. Since King's rocks were attached to his hands, the bolts traveled and electrocuted him. Now he is on his knees from the shock that he endured.

"Fuck! I-I can't feel my arms and hands!" King screamed in pain as he tried moving them around.

"You took in all that voltage from her lightning. It's best you get out of here and leave the rest to me. Find Belos and tell him the situation while you rest up," Joker glared at me with his red eyes.

"Don't let Firelight hit you with her magic," King slowly walked away from our battle.

"I won't."

Rain was still pouring down as the sky was very dark. I still felt some spark on my body and took notice that it's a perfect time to use my lightning spells. If there's rain, thunder and lightning comes around half of the time. This will help boost my powers and finally finish this fight.

"I don't get why you're doing this for your own pleasure. It makes me feel sick that people like you use their magic for bad intentions. To me, you seem like you're around my age."

"I'm actually nineteen years old."

"Do any of your family members know you're doing this?"

"I don't have anyone but my comrades. They're the only family I have. My real family passed away."

I felt sympathy right away for Joker. Even though he's someone who does horrible things, it's sad to hear about his family being gone.

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"Don't say sorry. You don't get to say you're sorry because you are the reason why they're gone!"

My face fell and my eyes widened from the statement Joker had put out. What does he mean that I was the reason his family is gone? I never killed anyone.