Parent Conference

Wednesday 10:10 am

Luz's POV

"You need to leave!"

"Leave?! I'm not leaving this damn household. I'm in charge of both of you, you hear me!?"

"What is wrong with you!? Why are you acting like this?"

"Because I married a weakling and I bet my daughter will be one just like you!"

"So what if she isn't a mage? What will you do about it?"

"I'll make her one. I will push her to her very last breath. She'll be just like me, her father."

"You're nothing but an evil man! I thought you were different when we first met, but after I gave birth to our daughter, you changed into a heartless man."

"She's not my daughter if she's not as strong as me."

I felt myself starting to wake up. I couldn't wrap around the dream that I just had. It appeared out of nowhere and I couldn't tell who the two people in my dream were since they both seemed to be blurry. I chose to push aside what I witnessed while I was asleep and opened my eyes to see that I was in a small white room. My head turned to see Amity wearing her school uniform, talking to a lady before the woman left the room. Blight saw that I was awake and came over to me with a worried look.

"Luz. You're awake!"

"Yeah, I am. Where am I?"

"You're at the nurse's office. I accidentally knocked you out with the ball."

"Oh that's right. You hit my face then I knocked out cold."

"And I'm very sorry about hitting you. I had no intention of aiming the ball at your face," Amity rubbed her arm.

"It's fine Amity. You were just playing the game. I'm not mad at you at all so please don't feel guilty," I reassured the Blight.

"I'll try. Anywho, how do you feel?"

"I feel great actually. It's like nothing happened to me at all other than me sleeping. Did the nurse heal my face?"

"She did. Miss Lilith and Miss Edalyn took me out of the game and I chose to take you to the nurse's office myself."

"You should've left me there. Maybe a slap on my face would do the trick to wake me up."

Amity giggled at what I said. It was the first time I heard her laugh and it was like music to my ears.

"Hey Noceda. Nice to see that you're awake. I brought your stuff so you can change into your uniform. Do you feel better?" Eda came inside the nurse's room.

"Thanks Eda and I'm doing just fine," I grabbed my clothing and backpack from my teacher.

"That's great to hear. I had my sister take over the locker room while I came to check up on you really quickly. We have a couple of minutes before lunch starts. The nurse was talking with me and said that you'll be fine when you wake up."

"Well I do feel fine. Do you think I can leave?"

"I'm sure you can. I'll go get her right now then I'm going back to the locker room to get my stuff. Oh and thank you for watching Luz, Amity. It's really kind of you to do so."