Tag, Seek, and Attack

Wednesday 1:00 pm

Luz's POV

I relaxed in my classroom with Eda, Amity, and Hunter. It was after the Magic Games were over though the festival was still ongoing. Before we came to Eda's room, I went to have a conversation with Gus and Mattholomule about the way I acted when I got out of the maze. When I told them about Bria and Gavin, Matt was furious and wished that I didn't have to go through what they did to me. Gus was angry as well and wished he was there with me to make sure nothing would happen. I told them that as long I was fine nothing would matter.

Since Hunter noticed my behavior as well, he asked what was up with me and I told him everything. What I didn't expect was that he would want to beat them up so they won't be able to be in the Magic Games. I assured Hunter that it was not necessary for him to do such things like that and to just let it go. It caught me off guard when Bria and Gavin threatened me. I didn't want to cause such a ruckus by beating them up and being kicked off the team for using magic in the maze.

"You know it's quite amazing that you and my sister didn't chat to each other," Eda said while swirling around her cup of soda with ice.

"That's because I didn't want to get caught acting like a student from one of these schools you've invited. Plus, she seemed to be into the entertainment presented in front of her so there was no chance of talking to her," Hunter replied while munching on some popcorn.

"Right."

"Hunter, right? What made you come here to Hexside?" Amity interrogated him.

"Well I wanted to come here to watch Luz perform and support her. I'll be coming by on Friday as I heard from Eda that one of you two will be battling someone. That's something I'm looking forward to as Luz has fighting skills considering she is a hero."

"You got a point there."

"I hope you guys win. You may be in last place but that doesn't mean you should give up. Ain't that right Luz?"

"Heh, that is right. Whoever Amity or I are going against, they'll never forget our faces after the battle is over," I smiled.

"Too bad this is just a minor battle and not your last fight," Eda sighed as if something was bothering her.

"What do you mean by that?"

My mentor stood up straight from leaning against her desk and looked serious. Something was definitely up and anyone in the room could see it.

"Hunter told me about what he told you not too long ago about Belos and that we need to be prepared for our next battle with him."

So this is what Eda was worried about. One way or another she would've found out about Belo's situation with us. That's when I got serious as well because of this topic.

"Then we both know that Belos has big plans coming ahead. Our fight with him is going to be ugly no doubt about it."

"What do you mean Luz?" Amity looked over at me.

"I uh..." I stared at Eda to try and help me as she was the one who brought up this conversation.

"There's a chance that Luz and Eda might die because of Belo's plan," Hunter thankfully answered for me.

It wasn't the perfect answer I was looking for but at least I didn't have to say it to Amity. The look on her face showed how terrifying it is that I can die from Belos and his gang. It's the hard truth to hear but this is something I wouldn't lie about.