Winter Formal

Monday 2:50 pm

Luz's POV

"Let's go Banshees! You got this!" I cheered loudly.

I watched as Cat tossed the ball to Boscha from a far distance before making a goal. The horn blew as time was up and the game was over. Students from Hexside screamed in excitement as the score was eight to seven, giving the Banshees the win. I watched as the Banshees on the field celebrated and gave each other fist bumps and high fives. My friends who were sitting with me on the benches, went down to the field to congratulate them. I stayed behind and watched as Boscha and Willow were making out as my other friends made gagging noises.

"Your friends did well out there," Eda plopped herself next to me.

"They did. I got nervous when the timer was about to go off."

"I remember watching a couple of their games. We're pretty tough to beat. Anyways, are you ready to go on duty?"

"Yes ma'am. Let me say my farewell to my friends and we'll leave," I stood up and headed down.

"Congrats to you four. You put up a heck of a fight on the field."

"Thanks Luz. It was pretty difficult getting around the Glandus High kids," Skara pointed with her thumb behind her to indicate the opposite team.

"I bet it was. Anywho, I need to head home and do some important stuff that my mom wants me to do. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

Everyone said their goodbyes as I went to where Eda was waiting.

"Let's rock and roll kid," Eda swung her keys around while we went to the parking lot.

"Hey Eda?"

"Yes?"

"If your sister ever found out that you were The Owl Lady, what would her reaction be?"

"I have no clue. She'll probably give me one of her lectures about endangering myself and that I shouldn't be doing that kind of work when I'm just a highschool teacher."

I heard the car unlock and that's when I opened the door and entered inside.

"You're mom would kill me if she found out about you and I risked ourselves to save people," my teacher put on her sunglasses.

"My mom would kill me first then you next."

"As long as we keep our identities hidden, we'll be alright."

"Right. Another question for you Miss Eda. How's my grades?"

My mentor had the biggest grin on her face when I asked her the question.

"Oh kid. Your grades are amazing just like you. You are still a straight A student. I managed to input all of the work that you have done right away and your grades still remain the same. You improved a lot on the spells that I taught you and ended up putting it to use while we're The Owl Lady and Firelight. I couldn't be any more proud for you Luz."

"Well it's all thanks to you Eda," I showed her my smile.

"You should be giving yourself credit, not me. You worked your ass off to be the smartest student that I know. You saved my job big time. I would no longer be an advanced teacher and mentor if it weren't for you kid."

"You don't need to worry about it anymore because I'll always make sure to do my best at school. Not just for me but for you and my mom."