Fifty Two (Part 2)

"Are you sure that you don't want to know what you two are having?" Dr. Parrish checked with us as she moved the wand around my belly. "What do you want?" I asked Don. He shrugged his shoulders, "I want to know." He said. "I don't want to know. I want to be surprised." I said. Don rolled his eyes and sat back in his seat. "Then why did you ask?" "To include you."

I turned back to Dr. Parrish. "You can tell him but don't tell me." "Alrighty." She did a few more things and printed my ultrasound pictures. "Are you taking care of yourself Britni?" She asked peering at me over the rim of her glasses. I nodded. "Eating right?" She checked. "Yes." I said. Don just had to say something. "No she isn't because just last night she ate-" "Ugh fine. I ate beef pepperoni pizza." I pouted. "With extra pepperoni and garlic butter sauce." He interrupted making me glare at him.

"You know the rules Britni, you can have the pizza and things but be a little healthy about it. From the notes of your last pregnancy, your diet was a bit of an issue and I would hate to restrict you from certain foods again." She warned. "But I was craving it. Other than that I have been doing great with my diet and trying to be stress free." I said. "Good. Well, we are all done here." She said as she wiped the gel from my stomach. I pulled my shirt down and Don helped me sit up. "Britni, you can go collect your ultrasounds and schedule your next appointment while I tell daddy here what you're having."

I left out and waited for Don up front. "So." I said when he grabbed my hand and lead me out the office. "I'm not telling you. You said you didn't want to know." He smirked. "I changed my mind." I said getting in the passenger seat. He got in on the drivers side and started the car. "I don't know why you said you didn't want to know in the first place."

"I didn't but that was then. We are in the now, now tell me what are we having." I said reaching over and rubbing his head. "You really want to know?" "Yes." I whined knowing it got on his nerves. "Twins." He said after some time. "You're lying." "I'm telling the truth." He lied again. "Fine don't tell me. It's probably a girl anyway."

Don didn't say anything else as we continued to drive. We were now on the highway heading to Pastor Royce's home where he was going to talk with us and whatnot. "Babe, I gotta pee." I told Don when we passed a sign with a bunch of food places and gas stations. "Uh uh! I don't use gas station bathrooms! Go to a restaurant, they're a bit cleaner." I said when he pulled into the Exxon parking lot.

"You not slick." Don said as he rode across the street to Smashburger. "What do you mean?" I asked, playing slow. "You're hungry, you don't have to pee." "I do so but now that you mention it, I would like something from here but you might tell Dr. Parrish on me." I rolled my eyes at him. "You're right." He laughed. "That's why you didn't have friends growing up because you were a snitch." I told him.

I came from the restroom and saw that Don had us a table already. I sat in front of him and just stared at him. "Why are you looking at me so hard?" He mumbled not bothering to look up from his phone. "Because you're mine and I can do that." "No it's because you're a creep." He told me. I was going to say something back but the waiter had set our food on the table. "Thank you." I told him.

I looked at my tray to see a baja chicken sandwich instead of a baja burger like I had asked Don to get me. I just looked at it in disgust. "Your food okay?" Don smirked at me before stuffing fries in his mouth. He was probably waiting for me to voice my disgust and being a brat about it but I just let it go. "It's fine." I lied before taking a small bite of my sandwich.

We ate in silence and I mostly ate the fries and onion straws. "Are you going to eat that?" He asked referring to that damn chicken. I shook my head no and he reached over and finished it. "You're so fucking fat." I told him. "I know you're not talking." He said. "I'm pregnant, not fat so shut up." I threw a french fry at him and he caught it in his mouth.