Forty Six (P2)

-Sorry for the long wait. A girl got busy for a minute and had too much going on to really deal with wattpad.

Okay, there you go." Kyra said before taking the towel that was sitting around my shoulders off of me. She had just flat ironed the hell out of my hair because there was no way that I would be in a dress with my head looking like a lions mane. Those were her words, not mine. I loved my curls. "Come on and stand so we can look at you." I rolled my eyes and stood from the chair.

Both Tati and Kyra just looked at me silently. I began to feel like I looked a mess, why else would they not say anything? I placed my arms across my stomach as I stood there. I don't know why I agreed to putting this tight ass dress and these high ass heels on. Wasn't nothing special happening for me to be looking like this. I was ready to take this dress and make up off followed by putting on jeans and a shirt after water spraying and moussing my hair to make it curly. "Damn Britni. I knew you had a body underneath those sweats and jeans." Tati breathed out.

"Exactly." Kyra nodded. "She always dressing and looking rough, hiding the girly side of her. Do you know at our senior prom that her dad spent thousands of dollars on her dress? Flew her ass to a whole different state for this gown, and soon as she took her pictures she changed into her usual clothing. And she was prom queen on top of that. I had to help her change back into that damn gown because they refused to crown her unless she was properly dressed." I could only smile at the memory because it was true. I was uncomfortable in a dress just like now.

"I feel like I look terrible." I told them as I looked at my reflection. "Shut up! You look amazing, I can't wait to have a baby if my hips will spread like yours. Damn, my bony ass needs your thickness." Kyra said stepping beside me, bumping hips. "Whatever let's just go." I mumbled grabbing my clutch.

We arrived at Fin about thirty minutes after leaving the hotel. It was an upscale seafood place. Only Kyra, Tati, Lanae, Kyle and Isaiah, kids from the dance studio came with. The others ate elsewhere. The teens got their own table while Kyra and I got ours. "So have you talked to Adonis?" Kyra wondered. "I have but it wasn't nothing, he was taking the baby to my parents. He told me that he was using this weekend to bond with him and he dropped him off on my parents? Something isn't right." I shrugged. "Maybe it's just one of the businesses or something." She smiled. I was about to question her but the waiter came to take our orders.

"I can't get over how good you look tonight. You need to look girly all the time," Kyra shook her head and sipped her wine. "I get my nails, feet and brows done on the regular and occasionally I wear maxi dresses. In my opinion, that's girly enough. Besides, Don doesn't complain about me not being "girly" so I'm good." I shrugged. "Well excuse the hell out of me." She smirked. "You're excused." "Oh, I know." I rolled my eyes at her playfully.

"Let's talk about something more important. How about how you don't want a bachelorette party." I said just when our food arrived. We bowed our heads and said grace. "Marcus isn't having one so I decided not to have one." She said making me laugh a little. "And you believe that? So what are him and the guys doing, I know they're doing something the night before." "He said that they're just gonna hang out at the house and play cards. You don't think so?"

"They may hang at the house and play cards for a minute but trust it's more than that. And that my sweet, innocent-- almost innocent best friend since way back in elementary is why I took it upon myself to give you the most bomb bachelorette party you've ever been to." I bounced in my seat. "I don't want no men thrusting no dick in my face." She said with her nose all wrinkled up. I waved her off. "Okay, there won't be." "Better not, you know male strippers give me the creeps." She shuddered making me laugh.

After we ate our dinner and dessert, we sent the kids back to the hotel while me and Kyra stayed behind to check out this rooftop deck and bar a few buildings away. Kyra had been before and told me about the great view of the city from up there. I was excited to see it but afraid because I was no fan of heights. It did something to me knowing that I was up so high. I downed the remains in the glass of red wine that sat in front of me and stood up to follow behind Kyra.