Fifteen

It had only been two days since I had left and I was now four hours away from home now. I guess you could say that I was hiding out. But if my twin was smart enough he would know that I was in Virginia at the home that our grandparents had left for us. I didn't want to come this far but I didn't want to stay back and chance one of them seeing my bruises. They were still there, slowly fading but you could see them. I had told my twin that I was at a hotel taking time to myself but I knew that he wasn't buying that. Knowing that it wouldn't take Ant's smart ass to figure out where I was, I kept makeup on my face to cover up.

My phone's constant ringing was the only sound in the house as I sat on the bed. I picked it up to see my twins number flashing across the screen before I placed it back down in front of me. I was tired of him and his interrogating. Deciding to call him back, the phone rang once before he picked up. "Okay honestly Brit, I'm tired of searching for you. Where the hell are you?" he breathed into the phone. "I told you already." "And that's bullshit. You really think that I don't know when you're lying?" he snapped out. "Let's try it again. Where are you?" I didn't say anything. He let out a humorless laugh. "I guess we can do this my way. I'm giving you a day to let me know something and if not, I'll find you myself."

Laying back I stared up at the ceiling. I was mad. Mad at Kaylin but especially mad at myself. I really should have listened to Don and Kyra but it was too late, damage had been done. I wanted to tell them but I was shook. Yeah, not saying anything was stupid and when a situation happens to someone else, you talk about what you would do and how you would do it until it happens to you. All that talking goes out of the window. I always said if a guy ever put his hands on me, I would kill him myself and I didn't. And now here I was running away from it all. What can I do?

The phone rang again, Kyra this time. I answered it and immediately knew that she had me on speaker. "Brit, I'm worried. Nobody has seen you in three days and you're acting funny." "Mhm." "I saw Kaylin and asked if you guys met up but he said no you never did but-" I had enough of this and I just snapped on her. "Look I am fine! Like y'all keep fucking calling and texting me, I don't want to be bothered at the moment. Just let me be for once! That is all I'm asking for. And if you decide to call me again, make sure it isn't on speaker." I hung up the phone not waiting for her to say any more.

Deciding on sleeping to calm down, I got under the covers and went to sleep. Knocks on the front door woke me up along with my phone again. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 7pm. Swinging the door open, I was face to face with an angry twin. "You kidding me right?" he asked pushing me backwards into the house. "I had to shut my store down for almost a week to look for your ass and you're in Virginia? Why didn't you just save me the trouble and time and just say that!" I opened my mouth to speak but I was afraid I would actually tell him the truth. I didn't want to and I wasn't going to.

I had zoned out until he passed me his phone. "Hello?" I answered. "Britni baby, are you okay?" my moms voice passed through the receiver. I was sick of that damn question. "Mommy I'm good. Don't worry about me, how are you?" I tried changing the subject. "I would be fine if my daughter wasn't having me worry by pulling disappearing acts. "Like how you had me worried when you pulled yours?" It became silent. "Mom I'm sorry-" she cut me off "No it's fine. I'll talk to you. Bye."

"That was cold." Ant spoke. "I know but why is everyone on my back? I left, s what? Let me run from my problems." I said. "Problems?" he all but yelled. "What problems do you have besides acting like a damn child? You run from Adonis while he chases you like a love sick puppy that it's ridiculous. You ain't struggling financially from your business and the trust fund we got from our grandparents, Daddy pays all your bills. You can sit on your ass all fucking day and do nothing twin! So enlighten me on what problems your little ass can possibly have." He stood there waiting for an answer. "Exactly. You don't so cut take that lame excuse elsewhere." he said sitting down.

"Fuck you Anthony! You don't know shit, you weren't there! You always come to my rescue after the fact. Don't sit and act like your ass knows everything because you don't." I say pushing his head back with every word. "That's how you feel? I'm never there?" he sighed, leaning back. "What happened? Just tell me and I'll fix it." he pleaded looking up at me. Running my fingers through my hair "You can't fix it." "Why?" "I don't want you to get hurt okay!" I broke down crying. I wanted him to know but no.

He held me as I cried. Once I settled down, I noticed Kyra and Don in the room. I stood and headed for the bathroom to wash my tear stained face. After getting myself together, I joined the back in the living room. Nobody spoke at all. "B look at me." Don spoke all of a sudden. I looked up at him. "Is that why you left?" "Is what why?" I was clearly confused.

He stood and pulled me up, touching my face. I forgot I washed it and didn't cover the bruising back up. "Who?" he whispered, his gaze was hard on me and I broke. "Kaylin." I flinched when I saw his muscles flex because I thought he was going to hit me but instead pulled me into him. "I'm sorry." he repeated over and over. He shouldn't be. I was the one who should be sorry for nt listening to what he said.

I sat back down and ran the events of that day to them. "Don't do anything guys. Just let it go." I said to Ant and Don who were pacing the floor. "Are you stupid or something Britni? He hurt you and I'll be damned if he has the chance to do that shit again!" Don yelled at me. "Don't fucking call me stupid! I should've never told you. He said if I did, that was my ending. That's why I left. To avoid this." I ran into the bedroom and lay down. It wasn't long before Kyra was laying beside me in a hug.

A few hours later, I was thirsty as ever. I walked in the kitchen to get some water and decided to talk to Ant and Don. They were nowhere to be found. I searched high and low before opening the front door and seeing only my car in the driveway. I called both of their phones only for it to go to voicemail. I knew what they had gone to do and all I could hope was that they came back untouched. Crawling back in the bed beside Kyra, I went back to sleep.

In the morning, they still weren't back and I was calling them over and over. "Britni, they are fine. Here, come eat." Ky said pulling me to the kitchen table where she had made bacon and scrambled eggs with cheese. We silently ate. "Ky, am I stupid for doing what I did?" "Nah, you were just scared. Don't let his words allow you to feel that way."

Three days and they had finally came back. I showered them both with hugs and kisses. "I don't want to stay in that condo alone." I told them all as we just sat around talking. "Where are you and all your things going to go?" Ant asked. "Well I was looking at apartments and I guess in like a week or so I can move into one." I shrugged my shoulders. "You can move in with me." Don spoke. I shook my head quickly. "No. I don't want to be a burden." "Shut that noise up, you don't have a choice. While we were gone, we took the liberty of moving your things into my house anyway." I rolled my eyes and folded my arms over my chest as Don came and sat by me. "We're gonna have a lot of fun roomie." he grinned.

"This is only temporary. I only stay a month, maybe two. That is final." I looked at him to make sure that he understood me. "Okay, two months of seeing your gorgeous face everyday. I'm going to love it." I put my head down and bit my lip, I wasn't feeling gorgeous with these fading scars but him saying that made me forget about them.

"You had us miss enough work, we need to get back home. You ready to roll or do you need more time?" Ky spoke up. I thought about it for a moment. I was no longer afraid as I was sure that Kaylin was long gone. "I'm ready." I assured them all.

Hours later, I was laying alongside Don as we watched movies. "Don?" I turned my body to face him. "Yeah?" "Kaylin. What happened to him?" I wanted to know. He pulled me into him before turning off the television. "I don't know. Maybe he's sleeping with the fish." he mumbled into my neck before kissing it. It took me a while to decipher that last line. "You killed him?" "Go to sleep B. The less you know, the better." "Whatever negro." I closed my eyes.

Brit and Don in the MM. She is about to stop being afraid of the relationship thing I am pretty sure... FINALLY cuz she was beginning to make me mad doing Don like that smh