/:/Chapter 1/:/

The sounds of men screaming rang out into the forest, the embers of the burned down village wasted out into the darkly forest

The sounds of men screaming rang out into the forest, the embers of the burned down village wasted out into the darkly forest. The girls were still running, not taking any chances about stray cloaked men who weren't locked up.

As they started to ascend a hill, Takeo couldn't carry the little sister no more as she let the girl slide down her back and onto the rough dirt and grass. Sniffling, she grabbed hold of Takeo's robe and started walking beside her up the hill.

"T-Takeo... Where are we going...?" Momaru mumbled out, hugging her plushie as she looked up to meet her sister's gaze.

"Far, far, far away from this place.. Just as Papa would have wanted." Takeo rubbed her eyes of any stray tears she could've still had.

"After we get over this hill we can set up camp and then you'll be able to sleep. Okay?" She smiled down at her little sister.

"Okay.." she mumbled out, still holding onto the robe as they stumbled up to the top of the hill. Takeo glanced behind her to in take the scene from her spot. She could see the faint glow of orange and yellow in her small village.

"Will Papa and Momma be okay..?" Momaru questioned, also looking in the same direction.

"I'm sure they'll be fine.. We just need to camp for a few days and find a village." Takeo reassured as she found a tree looming closely to the ground, it's leaves covering a large clear area., bushes on the edges to give them a nice spot to not get caught.

Placing down the backpack that she had prepared, just as they left the house, she tossed some training clothes to her sister.

"Hey!" Mamoru shouted a annoyed at the fact her clothes landed on her face.

"Put them on, The clothes make it harder for people to find us when we sleep." Takeo whispered shouted, still unpacking the blankets and the scrolls. But what she didn't expect was a little box with both their names written on it.

"Hey.. Momaru.. Get your butt over here.." Takeo whispered, already placing the tiny box in front of her on the ground.

"Did you pack that..?" The sister came trotting over to sit beside her older sister, tossing a blanket over the both of them.

"No.. I don't remember seeing this.. OH! Look there's a note.." Takeo grabbed a note at the bottom of the bag, opening it slowly, fearing it would hold something bad ore secretive.

"Well? What does it say?" Momaru scooted closer to get a good look at the note, "Read it to me."

"Okay then.. It starts off like this..-"

"To my dear daughters,

It has come to my attention that there is going to be an attack on our home village and Clan. I'm sorry to intel you two, that I will not be able to come with you two, as it's my duty and responsibility to bring down the end of our Clan even at the sacrifice of ourselves along with the attackers who have found us, including you guys. But, even if it was an order by the Clan leader herself, I couldn't sacrifice my own children. So instead I gave you two wonderful girls a chance for a new life away from the disastrous Clan and it's dutiful life. Don't worry, your momma had also agreed on this, even at the cost of betrayal to our own village. Even against the village and clan, we would have fought to the end to save you girls. Inside the box are two necklaces, me and your momma, would have given you after your training of becoming a Genin. But it seems we won't have the chance to. So instead we're both giving it to you two, as early birthday gifts. Inside the box are the pair of necklaces and a dozen of coins to help you guys travel for a close village and stay there to think where'll you'll go next.