/:/Chapter 3/:/

Rushing past the trees away from the river as fast as possible, her breath was leaving her as quickly as it came

Rushing past the trees away from the river as fast as possible, her breath was leaving her as quickly as it came. She had been running for a mere hour or so, trusting her sister. But the thing is, she wanted to go right back and jump into the warm hug of family.

Family.

She had already lost her home, her village, her clan, her Papa, and she might have lost her momma but she can't be sure. But one thing is, she might lose her sister today if she doesn't escape them.

If that happened then she'd really believe that she's lost. Lost in the world with no one to know her or care. It was frightening. Scary to say the least. But she kept running as fast as she could with the bag on her hip and her plushie in her grip.

She was already out of breath as she rested by a tree nearby. So she took a moment to catch her breathe.

Looking around she could see little grains of sand dust around the forest floor.

Earlier she remembered hearing the cloaked men say that they were on the border between the sand and leaf villages.

She must be close to the sand then. Hopefully her older sister makes it to the leaf in time.

A sudden barrage of shurikens that landed right the tree she sat by, one of them missing her face by a few inches, startling her to no end.

She looked up to where they came from and saw one of the cloaked men leaning on the branch above her, she could only see the twisted grin spread across his face. The sight of it sent shivers down her spine.

"Look what we got here..~" He leaned backwards and was now hanging upside down by his legs.

Her breath got caught in her throat at the man as he played around with his kunai, the deadly knives flickering between his fingers.

"Shall we play a little game of chase?" He swung down landing on his toes, his robe gliding down with him gracefully.

The way he stood, it made it seem like he was stronger than the others and was just observing them, like they were just insects.

This thought made the little girl jerk up and start sprinting to where the sand on the ground grew more thicker. Her grip on the bag made her knuckles turn white.

Her face paling as she heard the man cackle in joy and excitement.

"Where are you going, little bunny?" He hummed obnoxiously. His finger lightly touching his chin in thought as he grinned.

Shoving the leaves and branches out of her way, she rushed out of the forest and into the dry desert ahead. The crispy and hot breeze hit her face instantly as she scrambled to get over the steep hills of sand. Her feet slipping every now and then as she made it to the top.

A sharp pain shot up her body as she whipped her head to see where it was coming from. She saw three shurikens sinking into her shoulder as she toppled down the pound of sand. Her body limply flying down the sand, she felt the wind get knocked out of her as she landed.