/:/Chapter 9/:/

Walking around a very quiet area, nothing but hazy shadows following her every step

Walking around a very quiet area, nothing but hazy shadows following her every step. The only that she could see was herself as the light above her followed her every movement.

"Momaru.."

Whipping her head around towards the voice, she gazed upon an older girl in behind her, the light brown hair tied in a ponytail as she stood there. Looking back at her own,  were dull blue eyes.

"W-who are you...?" Momaru walked slowly towards her, feeling as though she had known the person.

"Do you believe in fate..?" The girl held her hand up.

"Fate?"

A sudden light flashed above the light haired girl, showcasing a giant spider that hung in the middle of a web.

"Fate is a funny word, it's what we used to make fun of back when mother used to homeschool us.."

"Wait mother..? What do you mean by that??" Momaru stepped forward.

"Fate and destiny are two different things.. at least that's what our Papa taught us."

"Two different things..? Can you tell me?" Momaru was now a foot away from the girl.

"Destiny is a future set in stone for the person or object. Yet fate..! Fate can altered into different possibilities!" The girl casted her arms to the side almost like she was proud of something.

"Okay.. But what does that have to do with me..?"

"Silly, but naive little sister. We hold a power that allows us to alter fate itself."

"W-what..?"

"We have a rare kekkei genkai that only woman in our clan can posses. The Senken-sei. It allows us to look into the future."

"The future...? But how is that possible...?? Isn't that like a power like god or something,  what happens if it's used for bad or maybe something like messing with people.. isn't that not a good thing to have...?" Momaru mumbled out, feeling a giant weight crash down onto her shoulders.

"You are a foolish girl... yet innocent child."

Momaru turned to the new speaker who had announced themselves. She turned to her left to see an older woman in strange clothing almost historic traditional robes. Her hair was done in a fancy bun with jewelry pins and hair ornaments decorating her heads.

The thing that startled her was the look in her eyes. They looked like they were almost glowing in the darkness. Her hair was a dark brown like her own.