Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 5 [All That I M Living For]

"All that I'm living for/All that I'm dying for/All that I can't ignore alone at night/All that I'm wanted for/Although I wanted more/Lock the last open door- my ghosts are gaining on me."-Evansecence - All That I M Living For

"You can have the car for tonight." Sonny said as I pulled to a stop outside her house. Sonny had her license bus she preferred not to drive; she wasn't the world's most confident driver.  I popped up the boot and got out of the car feeling quite sluggish and tired from the drive back. Opening the back door to Sonny's little Holden I pulled out her other bags. Awkwardly she slung all her gear over her shoulders or in her hands. "You can drop it off tomorrow and we can go up to the school together to sign out and prepare for presentation day this Friday." She said breathlessly.

"Okay, I'll drop in at nine?" I asked closing the boot and then the back door.

"Ten." She corrected, I smiled; sleep in. I nodded and she returned a smile before awkwardly she shuffled p her garden's path. Sliding into the driver's side I turned the car around and headed to Kylie's and Garry's, a place I suppose you could call home.

Pulling up in the driveway I exhaled relief and also exhaustion. Grabbing my gear I locked the Holden and made my way through the hidden little black Iron Gate hidden from the overgrown and tall green hedge fence. I walked up to the house; the house was a nice simple brick family home. Two bedrooms, one bathroom and then the basic rooms; kitchen, office, lounge room and dining. As simple as it sounds it was renovated beautifully and it was comfortable sticking to its old traditional heritage style.

Sliding through the unlocked big front wooden door I made my way down the hall and made a left into the kitchen. Following the scent of the all too common strong coffee beans. "Sweetie!" Kylie said in delight sitting her mug down as I let my bags drop with a loud thud. Coming over she embraced me "It's been too long." She murmured, I smiled weakly as she pulled back.

"Yeah, it feels like the week went forever." I admitted my exhaustion creeping up on me.

Garry walked in from the office "Kylie dear, where's my cuppa?" he said his eyes scanning the bench tops.

"Right here." She said gesturing to me.

I smiled as Garry's eyes met mine "Kiddo! How was it?" he asked his arms squeezing my shoulders.

I nodded "Good, good. Not my thing but yeah, I enjoyed it." I said breathlessly.

"Sonny star struck?" he asked smiling.

I rolled my eyes "You have no idea." Garry chuckled in his usual laid back nature.

"Lilly you look dead on your feet. Go crash and then you can fill us in." Kylie soothed worrying over me like usual.

Smiling weakly in appreciation I carried or more dragged my bags along. Collapsing on my bed I instantly sighed t the comforting and way better bedding material. Sinking into the pillow I dozed off.

Rolling out of bed and sliding into the shower I instantly felt better and whole, and highly clean and refreshed. Grabbing my JB-HIFI bag and the lap top from the office I walked into the kitchen in my pajama pants and a white singlet top. Jumping up onto the kitchen stool I let my fingers drum along the counter and for my head to fall into my hands as I waited for the lap top to load onto my user site.

Kylie walked around the corner with the phone in her hand, sitting it down on the counter se reached into the freezer. Closing it after rummaging around for a while she put her hands on her hips with a creased brow. I smiled watching her, catching my eyes she smiled in return "Lilly, Lilly, what for tea?" I looked at the screen; six o'clock. What a sleep.