Hiding Behind The Music - Epilogue

-5 Years Later-

I sighed in agitation before kicking the Coca Cola bottle as it made an empty echoed clunk as it ricochet off the wall and hit Drew directly in between his legs. There was a chorus of groans and laughter at my unintentional hit.

I hid a smile as I sat my hands on my hips giving my audience a pointed look “The consequences guys if you screw with me and fart ass around, do some work.” I said with mock sternness. “Drew?” I said turning to him, he didn’t look too affected; it was after all only plastic and such. “Stop being a dick…..and I'm sorry.” I said a smile flittering its way across my face.

Drew rolled his eyes “I nearly fell for it that time, I literally thought you had turned into the bitches bitch, and that’s one hell of a bitch.” He said chuckling as he crushed the empty bottle to bits before throwing it in the trash, as if the bottle was at fault for harming his so called jewels.

Adelaide covered her ears dramatically “Far out Drew! Stop tainting my innocent freaking ears! How many times do I have to tell you don’t curse?!” she cried throwing him a pointed glare.

Drew stuck his time out before under his breath making a mocking of a girly baby voice snidely making Adelaide huff and fold her arms.

Craig chuckled as he sang happily “Bitch! Bitch! Bitch! Bitch!”

Adelaide squealed “Stop it you damn motherfucker!”

A collective gasp dropped around us as our mouths fell open “Did she just…. Did she just drop the MF bomb?” Craig stammered.

Drew’s brow furrowed his black hair in his blue grey like eyes “Is it really called the MF bomb? Or would you call it just the F bomb? Or maybe even something gangster like the M of the F bomb, brew!” he cried trying out a gangster pose as he tilted his head in an I’m-awesome kind of way.

Adelaide rolled her eyes “You guys are a bunch of dicks, seriously.” She mumbled as she reached over the arm rest of the couch and to pull her backpack to her before grabbing an apple.

I watched them all from afar utterly amused; they were the best musician family to have. They were my band.

After five years my music career had drastically changed and for the best so far. When I first came onto the scene doing gigs and such at the local pubs and all I had received offers, many, yet all of those offers where before they even listened to me sing. The reason being that they wanted to sign me on just because of my mum and the name she had made for herself. I had declined every single one of them knowing which ones were in my category money hungry imbeciles that reminded me highly of Hugo. After two years of just taking things slow of doing gigs, writing my own work and such I finally accepted to be a part of a great company that wanted honest pure talent, I wasn’t signed on with loads of money but given a two year contract to prove I was of worth and no privileges. Honestly a lot of my family thought the crummy offer was stupid for me to accept yet I loved it, I loved starting where all those amazing talents began. I didn’t want to have all luxuries and have everything handed to me, I wanted to know what it felt like to have a gained a level of accomplishment and satisfaction.

After two years I had a couple odd hits and people were amazed by my different direction to my mother, some absolutely appalled. I laughed as I realized a lot of mothers were expecting another Miley Cyrus or Hilary Duff. Instead they got me, a girl that was labeled as a punk/rock singer. I was compared to such faces as Paramore, Flyleaf and even at times Evanescence. My music genre was broad and I covered a lot of levels and layers of musical depth and it wasn’t just one thing. My music I took seriously and I had to perfect every single detail; nothing was ever of proper standards.