Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 10 [Learn You Inside Out]

"In the silence you stare at the world/Your eyes are screaming to be heard /I wanna learn you inside out" - Lifehouse - Learn You Inside Out

My eyes didn’t awake ‘till I was lying on a bed, a white soft double bed. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I wandered out of the room sluggishly until I found Kate walk out of a room, she went to speak but I grabbed her hand “Take me outside to the front of the house, lead me.” I said closing my eyes, she laughed weakly with confusement. “Please.” I added.

She took better grip on my hand and began to lead me out the front I gathered. I was already disappointed that I’d slept through it all; the bright lights and all, like in the movies where the girls pokes her head out the limo’s roof. Wait, did I even go in a limo? I was so confused and lost!

“Steps.” Kate warned stopping.

“Kay.” I said slowing right down and being so much more patient and tentative.

Reaching flat surface and walking a bit more we came to a halt and she spun me back around, I think we were now facing the front of the house. I think. “Wanna tell me why?” she asked.

“Oh.” I said smiling keeping my eyes glued shut. “So I can go from the start and work my way through, besides I figured it be better to remember if I worked from the start.” I explained. I liked structure, and I wanted this to be just right.

Kate squeezed my hand as my eyes slid open. I smiled; no mansion.

The house was a fair distance from the road and a fence stood behind us, which was a high iron fence with a hedge, and a tall iron double gate that was secured with a speaker type system. To the right was a driveway of pebble stones leading up and stopping at the side of the house like a round-about. The house wasn’t really a house nor mansion though, I contemplated what in fact I’d classify it as I stood on the grass off the path. The garden was all palms and beach ferns with tropic like colors and flours; she lived on the beach I figured. The house to me looked like those nice beach houses that were a bit fancier and expensive. The outside walls were a mixture of stone and render. Steps led up to the front door.

“Can I have a tour?” I practically begged jumping practically with excitement and anticipation.

She looked at me pleased and then we walked up the path to the front door; a white glass door. The crunching of the pebbles under my feet made me giggle and Kate threw me an amused glance. I would never be used to that look; a look that said anything I did was enchanting. She was catching up for missed time and she was cherishing every second of my happiness, especially with her.

She gestured for me to open the door, I did. Stepping in on the right was a white room, a huge room; it had a very light and soothing green wall as the feature wall on the side. It was rooms within a room. In the centre were white lounge lounges and reasonably big TV (who was I kidding? It was big!). The room rose near where we were and there was a white glass dinner table and a reasonable kitchen that suite the beach house effect whilst still keeping to the modern theme also. The room was decorated with the odd plants, painting and personal times such as the phone, photos, and other items.

To my left there was a hall, she took me along. There was one door, she opened it; it was her bedroom, the soothing forest white green as her feature wall, the rest white with a white bedspread on king sized bed with matching green borders, she had a walk in cupboard that was beyond huge but I didn’t expect anything less, she also had her own bathroom off it. The bathroom was of white and a nice navy blue marble.

Taking me back through the lounge room or multiple one room she led me down the only other hall that was on the opposite side of the room to the other hallway leading to Kate’s room and that also was near the front door. Down the hall there were three doors. “Bathroom is all yours.” She gestured to the first door. “The one of the end is the office, the computer is in there to chat to Sonny.” I smiled; she knew me fairly well already. “And this,” she said pointing to the door I came out of before “is yours.” She said opening it.