Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 17 [Falling In]

"Everytime I see your face/My heart takes off on a high speed chase/Now don't be scared, it's only love/That we're falling in/I would never do you wrong/Or let you down or lead you on/Don't look down, it's only love/Baby, that we're falling in" - Lifehouse - Falling In

“Okay, what’s the plan?” Hayden asked as we pulled into the underground parking lot at their building. This time there were no cars bar the bike and two others.

“Well I'll go to floor one and check you try two. Find her; if I do I'll call you. It’s only two levels?” I asked he nodded checking his phone for life I presumed. Not that you got any service in this car park, how messed up was that? It was a cold, dreary and dark lit car park that every inch was made of thick, hard, cold cement. Was that why I got on coverage? I sighed “Okay, let’s do this.” I muttered.

We went through the door and up the hall to the elevator; all the doors had key cards to allow access that Hayden luckily had seeing his was a member to the band and all. We stood in the elevators as I tried mum again reaching her voicemail again. I didn’t want to tell her over the phone but I was at least trying to contact her to give her a message to go home straight away and wait for me. Deep down I knew something big was coming.

The elevator made its cue ‘ding’ sound as we reached floor one. I smiled slightly “See you soon.” I whispered stepping out.

We’d decided level two for Haden as he was permitted, he was worker I wasn’t. Level one was permitted to others but they could get no further without granted access by workers here. Hence why I was searching on floor one which was only a reception desk and a couple other little offices and bathrooms. The chances of me finding her were slim, but the receptionist desk held the key.

Searching the floor I came to a stop at the receptionist desk, the auburn haired girl looked up; she was a serious employee; hair super tidy, her suit a high class and superficial glasses. “Yes?” she asked professionally.

I paused for a second “I'm looking for Kate Bransen, I'm a relative.” I explained.

She eyed me suspiciously “Name?” she quipped.

“Lilly.” Was all I gave. Should I have said I was a friend, a worker? Should I have given another name?

I suddenly felt queasy as she picked up the phone and I stepped back after she gave me a pointed glare at how close I was to the desk. Sighing i watched out of the corner of my eye as she spoke in a hushed tone and eyed me through narrowed eyes. I looked around casually as if uninterested and oblivious.

After a few tense moments she hung up “Okay well she’s just headed down to the parking lot.” She said smiling in a business style of a fake smile.

“Okay thanks.” I said smiling as I practically ran back to the elevator. Tearing my phone out I texted Hayden:

Lilly: Car park.

Sliding the phone back in my clutch I stepped out of the elevator. “Lilly.” A snide voice said in a false cheery tone as their hand went around my face from behind. I tensed, stupid! I screamed at myself, I wanted to kill that superficial receptionist. He walked towards the door pushing me along forcefully. He had one hand in a vice grip around my face and one around my stomach, his grip tight and threatening.

Reaching for the handle he swiped his card “Hush.” He hissed drawing his fingertips down the side of my face. I grimaced struggling within his hold. The door swung open. “Now be good, I'll be back after my little meeting. We need to…chat.”

His fingers delved into my hair and pushed me forcefully as I fell to the parking lots hard cement floor the door slamming shut behind me.

Picking myself up I dint bother trying to open the door, I didn’t have a card. Walking around I checked for another door my body filling with goosebumps of dread as my body protested softly with a painful throb after Hugo’s actions. I tried all cars which were locked, I tried my phone to double check if I could find no service, I couldn’t.